Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Corr there's some good info coming in just now. What a bunch we are, like kids playing top trumps with all our facts and figures. I think I may have to be excused soon though as my brains nearly full!

There's a wee seaplane that lives on Loch Lomond and does tours. Always wanted to go up in one. The wee ones make me think of Dick Proenneke and his trip to the lake where he set up cabin.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Our glorious Father figure was feeling technically challenged on how to up load pictures from an email he sent me onto this thread as he thought people would enjoy these little factoids about London so I've helped him out :)

image001.jpgimage002.jpg image003.jpg image004.jpg image005.jpg image006.jpg image007.jpg image008.jpg
image009.jpg image010.jpg image011.jpg image012.jpg
image013.jpg image014.jpg image015.jpg image016.jpg
image017.jpgimage018.jpg image019.jpg image020.jpg image021.jpg image022.jpg image023.jpg image024.jpg image025.jpg image026.jpg image027.jpg image028.jpg
image029.jpg image030.jpg

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Ohhh more pictures :D Thank you Poppa via Steve!! I likes pictures, me.... And marvellously informative they are too!Now I've been able to stalk them all on a proper online prescence....

heres my favourite veiw of the catalina from a Duxford visit a few years ago. Those curves could make me change buses ;)
183253_1749140522766_325924_n.jpg

It's the feminine to the B52s pendulous masculinity.
183037_1749145842899_2728773_n.jpg

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
it might be feminine but that second shot looks like a huge pair of dangling nadgers like on an old dog but with people under them

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Wellpapa here's a movie quote for your good cockney self and that deformity called clk.

[video=youtube;YLUKO2MQIKY]http://.youtube.com/watch?v=YLUKO2MQIKY[/video]
Walk on. Go on.
It does not bring pleasure to my heart
to stand and deliver the sorrowful tale
of the man who now stands
in the rattling cart
Oh, for a week, for a night, for a day
For the thrash of the wind
and the pistol's bray
Friends, for that right would you gladly be
Dancing with the devil
on the Tyburn gallows tree
Proceed.
Cold-handed deliverer
Feeder of flies
Accomplice to murderer
Mother of shame
Gallows tree
Gallows tree
******* of history
Taker of gentlemenN
Sweet James Macleane
Plunket merclane.jpg

Salt a tha earf gavna, salt a tha earf

What is the film called ?

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wellpapa here's a movie quote for your good cockney self and that deformity called clk.

[video=youtube;YLUKO2MQIKY]http://.youtube.com/watch?v=YLUKO2MQIKY[/video]
Walk on. Go on.
It does not bring pleasure to my heart
to stand and deliver the sorrowful tale
of the man who now stands
in the rattling cart
Oh, for a week, for a night, for a day
For the thrash of the wind
and the pistol's bray
Friends, for that right would you gladly be
Dancing with the devil
on the Tyburn gallows tree
Proceed.
Cold-handed deliverer
Feeder of flies
Accomplice to murderer
Mother of shame
Gallows tree
Gallows tree
******* of history
Taker of gentlemenN
Sweet James Macleane
View attachment 31181

Salt a tha earf gavna, salt a tha earf

What is the film called ?

The Long Good Friday? been such a long time since I've seen it.

Biker

Thanks Steve for posting those factoids about the Ol' Smoke. :notworthy I just didn't know how to repost something like that that was embedded in an email. Ta muchly.

We're on the same page about Catalinas, just a beeyootiffle looking plane. My Dad had made a model of one of those when I was about 6 years old and I remember my Mother saying it was her favourite model of all the Airfix kits he'd made. It's right up there alongside the B17 Flying Fortress.

About those gallows. I watched that DVD only a few months ago. Enjoyable film too, better than Burke and Hare in my opinion.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker! Happy Retrial Day!
Don't worry Pa!, they're not going to come after you again I just thought as I'd post this as the thread is now thought of as the Joan Of Arc thread. And today in 1456 - A retrial verdict acquits Joan of Arc of heresy 25 years after her death.
The Retrial of Joan of Arc, also known as the "nullification trial", was a posthumous retrial of Joan of Arc authorized by Pope Callixtus III, at the request of Inquisitor-General Jean Bréhal and Joan's mother Isabelle Romée. The aim of the trial was to investigate whether the trial of condemnation and its verdict had been handled justly and according to canon law. Investigations started in 1452, and a formal appeal followed in November, 1455. The final summary in June, 1456 described Joan as a martyr and implicated the late Pierre Cauchon with heresy for having convicted an innocent woman in pursuit of a secular vendetta. The court declared her innocence on 7 July 1456.
With Joan of Arc’s death in 1431, a period of nineteen years elapsed where King Charles VII of France maintained an unbroken silence on the affair. She had been a useful tool in helping him reclaim his crown, and perhaps he felt that she had served her purpose; certainly, he did not lift a finger to save her from the English.[SUP] [/SUP]Yet even with his crowning as king, his position was perilous, and had he even wanted to, a number of factors stood in his way were he to seek any sort of review of Joan’s condemnation, especially prior to 1449.
Firstly, Charles needed to be in possession of Paris, since the University of Paris had provided assessors for the trial of condemnation at Rouen. In May 1430, Paris was held by the Anglo-Burgundian alliance, and the doctors and masters of the university had written to Philip the Good of Burgundy asking that Joan be transferred to the Church's care so that she could be placed on trial. Since the university had played an active part in the proceedings, Charles could only begin to bring them to account once Paris was captured in April 1436.
Secondly, Rouen also needed to be in Charles' hands before any investigation could begin. The documents relating to the original trial were kept there, and the town did not fall into Charles' hands until November 1449. Finally, Charles needed the consent of the Papacy to undertake any inquiry into Joan’s trial, especially as the tribunal which had tried Joan had been established by the Inquisitor of France. The relationship between the Papacy and the Court of Charles VII had become strained during various times, and it wasn’t until 1450 that the situation had become settled enough for Charles to begin exploring the rehabilitation of Joan.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Coo, it's awful to hear of righteous folk who died before they were cleared when the savilles of the world escape justice by dying before proven guilty. Humanity thinks itself so fiiiine but my film quote of the night, 'you don't see them fecking each other over for a goddamn percentage'... name that film, easy peasy one ;)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Ellen Ripley in the movie Aliens is the sexiest big pants on screen ever

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Not quite; this is the picture's original caption, "
Mrs. Eloise J. Ellis has been appointed by civil service to be senior supervisor in the Assembly and Repairs Department at the Naval Air Base, Corpus Christi, Texas. She buoys up feminine morale in her department by arranging suitable living conditions for out-of-state employees and by helping them with their personal problems."

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
And built by beautiful women... The dream just gets better for you guys, doesn't it :D she's someones great granny now, id love to bring her tea to her rocker on the veranda and listen to her reminisce :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well I'm going to go with a "Girls with guns" old school style posting as we're thinking that way, two lovely things in this picture!

(Though smoking in the armoury is a definite NO-NO these days)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE