Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thanks for that Colin. Shame they didn't have WIFI, they would have been able to see those pesky Dutch were gonna do 'em in. :)

Hope the healing process is going well. If I were more local and I could trust the post office I'd send you some DVDs to occupy your time with. But if you have an ereader PM me your email address and I could send you some ebooks if you'd like. Just let me know what your preferred flavour is. I have shed loads of ebooks, thousands in fact. I kid you not.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm on a classical erotica strain atm- sorta extra steamy steampunk :p you got any of that?! I've been Hammering Project Gutenberg so any files or suggestions welcome except for de Sade, poppa can keep those to himself to scare you kids with ;)

Biker

I'm on a classical erotica strain atm- sorta extra steamy steampunk :p you got any of that?! I've been Hammering Project Gutenberg so any files or suggestions welcome except for de Sade, poppa can keep those to himself to scare you kids with ;)

Hey Sal. Steamy Steampunk eh? Well I have a couple of steampunk ebooks but nothing in the erotica genre. Send me a wishlist via email and I'll see what I can dig out. There's got to be something in the 400,000 ebooks I have on 9 DVDs I bought off eBay for under a tenner. Me likes a bargain, I does.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers Pa,

Healing is going great guns, I'm positively flitting 'round the hospital fixing stuff and doing errands at the moment. HAs earned me some extra rations from one of the guards (sorry nurses) in the form of home baked savouries as a reward:eek:. Should be getting out in a day or two now. Looking forward to getting into the fields and woods for a wander.

Thanks for the ebook offer but I fear I may have to finally give up and admit that my kindle is lost. Haven't seen it in over a year. Though I suppose I could read them on the laptop. Very kind of you though I may steer away from steamy stuff as I'm trying to keep my thoughts pure at the moment.:rolleyes:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
They're not going to want to let you go :D home baked savouies, eh, they'll have to drag you out kicking and screaming ;) lovey you can medicate with foraged wild food and there's some great supportive stuff, forget blooming grapes.... Pineapple juice is fab after ops as it stiimulates liver n kidney function x perhaps bob might gather for you until you can get out yourself :)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Glad to hear that you'll be set free soon GB. Auntie, there is a load of free stuff on Amazon kindle, I'm just rereading "A picture of Dorian Grey" at the mo. Also found this steamy little book you may enjoy.

Fiery Chieftess Asta fears little but the Gods; as the wife to the chief of the clan, Johan, her life seems straightforward. So when she wakes up in a dark, unfamiliar place - her hands and feet bound - her way of life, and everything she holds dear, is taken away from her! Her kidnapper is soon revealed to be the fearsome and brutish Thorlak, the chief of a rivalling clan, and he demands she become his personal attendant!

This steamy 17,000 word novelette is the first installment of Ana Meadows' thrilling fantasy erotic romance series, The Stolen Valkyrie. Intended for an adult audience, this enthralling tale follows a feisty and independent village chieftess, caught between the wilful demands of two strong men; her husband, determined to preserve his village at any costs; the leader of a rival village, strong and silent, resolved to end the clans' warring once and for all, and a whole host of sumptuous sex scenes! Pick up a copy today!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Goodness, Auntie and Uncle discussing steamy books. Shouldn't older people just have bracing showers and think about hunting instead?:rolleyes:

Who am I kidding, our generation are worse than teenagers.

I've never read Dorian Grey (much to my shame), is it good? I always meant to get 'round to it but you know how it is. Especially when all the other lovely books keep saying "...read me, read me!..." I'm reading "Camping and Camp Outfits: A Manual For Young And Old Sportsman By G. O. Shields 1890 which is on the 'puter as a PDF. Have a fair few old books on here like that and I do like the tone they set in their prefaces.

Well the phlebotomist lady is looming so I'd better go for now.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Goodness, Auntie and Uncle discussing steamy books. Shouldn't older people just have bracing showers and think about hunting instead?:rolleyes:

Who am I kidding, our generation are worse than teenagers.

I've never read Dorian Grey (much to my shame), is it good? I always meant to get 'round to it but you know how it is. Especially when all the other lovely books keep saying "...read me, read me!..." I'm reading "Camping and Camp Outfits: A Manual For Young And Old Sportsman By G. O. Shields 1890 which is on the 'puter as a PDF. Have a fair few old books on here like that and I do like the tone they set in their prefaces.

Well the phlebotomist lady is looming so I'd better go for now.

you upperclasses wilth your insults and your hunting,

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
That book sounds right up my street and hubs has reached the stage of begging me to switch genres, perhaps it will lull him into a false sense of security :p The current one is, as often the case with classics, written by and for 'gentlemen' though they don't sound very gentle to me :S im glad they're dead and gone or they'd meet their match with a tongue lashing from auntie, id file my teeth for the occasion like beloved nephew a page or so ago! Ohhh angry ginger head ;)

Thinking of gingers, I read in this months National geographic that we need a much greater amount of anaesthetic as we are not so easy to dope out as others :) I always get up to 4 at least when im put under but id put that down to bring dads practice patient when he familiarised new aneasthatists when I lived over his surgery. Are you resistant young ginger nephew?

The camp outfit book sounds great, I've got a pinterest board to collect bushcraft clothing inspiration, I'll google and add it :)

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yes I am rather resistant to passing out, wether through drink or drugs. Usually takes a fair bit to get me under the table (unless I'm asked nicely:eek:). Though as with all things different things affect me more or less than others. Just got to find a flavour that suites you. Likes of morphine doesn't do much to me, where-as straight paracetamol in a relatively high does is a good painkiller for me. Similarly different alcohols hit me if different ways. Most spirits I can drink a fair bucketful of, but red wine and port I'm a relative lightweight though I enjoy them. Also alcohol doesn't give me a hangover which is nice in a lot of ways; but meant I never learnt a lesson!

And Cousin Pedro, you know I was dragged up the poor side of the family, it's just that one has to have ones standards old boy!:rolleyes:

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
on this day

View attachment 30860

On June 12, 1979, the human-powered Gossamer Albatross aircraft crosses the English Channel in a
historic flight.

The Flight of the Gossamer Albatross Bryan Allen piloted the Gossamer Albatross, completing more than 22 miles in two hours and 49 minutes. The Seattle Museum of Flight wrote that Allen had to pedal aggressively the entire time to push the 70-pound propeller-engineered plane across the English Channel. Paul MacCready, who grew up enamored of aviation, was the brains behind the Albatross. Time magazine said the contraption “looked like a giant dragonfly, with diaphanous wings spreading 96 ft. (2½ ft. more than a DC-9's) above skeletal workings of a bicycle.” Paul MacCready was always enamored of “unorthodox” aircraft, and the Albatross was no different. The New York Times called MacCready “an awesomely accomplished inventor who studied circling hawks and vultures to figure out how to realize the loftiest dream of Leonardo da Vinci— inventing a human-powered flying machine.” MacCready had already made history two years earlier when he entered a competition to make the first sustained human-powered flight. His Gossamer Condor, also piloted by Allen, met the task with a 7.5 minute flight. MacCready’s company, AeroVironment Inc., moved into solar-powered flight following the successes of the Gossamer Condor and Gossamer Albatross. In 1980, the Gossamer Penguin initiated human-powered solar-fueled aviation with the use of photovoltaic cells. Then in 1981 the Solar Challenger traveled from France to England, a distance of 163 miles. The American Society of Mechanical Engineers named MacCready Engineer of the Century for his achievements, which were not limited to flight. His inventions also included, “tiny robotic planes used for military reconnaissance; power sources to keep atmospheric-monitoring devices aloft indefinitely; and an 18-foot, eerily realistic, flying dinosaur for an Imax movie,” according to The New York Times. When MacCready died in August 2007, NPR interviewed pilot Bryan Allen about the inventor’s accomplishments. Allen said, “A lot of the things that Paul did are, I think, pointing towards a future of sustainability, and pointing toward a future of doing more with less.”

"Pleb-bottom-ist lady" - Phrase adj.noun. Of the upper classes to rebuke uncooth behavior and blunt social slights and insultsin other peers by using oikish disregard. common assed, . See Lord Goat and the filthy filthy poor. Boom boom

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He-he I'll now never be able to rid myself of the image of Pa, Unc Kelly and Pedro doing the "Three Amigos" dance.

[video=youtube;OlpO2s6dyxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlpO2s6dyxI[/video]

But who will be the Invisible Swordsman:swordfigh

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker! Happy Chondrites in NZ Day!
800px-NWA869Meteorite.jpg

Pa, my stony flint faced Pa! Open your heart and enjoy the fact that on this day in 2004 - A 1.3 kilogram chondrite type meteorite strikes a house in Ellerslie, New Zealand causing serious damage but no injuries.
Chondrites are stony (non-metallic) meteorites that have not been modified due to melting or differentiation of the parent body. They are formed when various types of dust and small grains that were present in the early solar system accreted to form primitive asteroids. They are the most common type of meteorite that falls to Earth with estimates for the proportion of the total fall that they represent varying between 85.7% and 86.2%. Their study provides important clues for understanding the origin and age of the Solar System, the synthesis of organic compounds, the origin of life or the presence of water on Earth. One of their characteristics is the presence of chondrules, which are round grains formed by distinct minerals, that normally constitute between 20% and 80% of a chondrite by volume.
Chondrites can be differentiated from iron meteorites due to their low iron and nickel content. Other non-metallic meteorites, achondrites, which lack chondrules, were formed more recently.
There are currently over 27,000 chondrites in the world's collections. The largest individual stone ever recovered, weighing 1770 kg, was part of the Jilin meteorite shower of 1976. Chondrite falls range from single stones to extraordinary showers consisting of thousands of individual stones, as occurred in the Holbrook fall of 1912, where an estimated 14,000 stones rained down on northern Arizona.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Did you also know that on this day the bushcrafters favourite edc knife. was patented in 1897 by Carl Elsener. The object later became known as the Swiss army knife.

During the late 1880s, the Swiss Army decided to purchase a new folding pocket knife for their soldiers. This knife was to be suitable for use by the army in opening canned food and disassembling the Swiss service rifle, the Schmidt-Rubin M1889, which required a screwdriver for assembly.

In January 1891, the knife received the official designation Modell 1890. The knife had a blade, reamer, can-opener, screwdriver, and grips made out of dark oak wood that was later partly replaced with ebony wood. At that time no Swiss company had the necessary production capacity, so the initial order for 15,000 knives was placed with the German knife manufacturer Wester & Co. from Solingen, Germany. These knives were delivered in October 1891.

In 1891, Karl Elsener, then owner of a company that made surgical equipment, set out to manufacture the knives in Switzerland itself. At the end of 1891 Elsener took over production of the Modell 1890 knives, but Elsener was not satisfied with its first incarnation. In 1896, Elsener succeeded in attaching tools on both sides of the handle using a special spring mechanism: this allowed him to use the same spring to hold them in place, an innovation at the time. This allowed Elsener to put twice as many features on the knife. On 12 June 1897 this knife featuring a second smaller cutting blade, corkscrew, and wood fiber grips was originally registered with the patent office as The Officer's and Sports Knife, though it was never part of a military contract.

Karl Elsener used the cross and shield to identify his knives, the symbol still used today on Victorinox-branded versions. When his mother died in 1909, Elsener decided to name his company "Victoria" in her memory. In 1921 the company started using stainless steel to make the Swiss Army Knife. Stainless steel is also known as "inox", short for the French term acier inoxydable. "Victoria" and "inox" were then combined to create the company name "Victorinox". Victorinox's headquarters and show room are located in the Swiss town of Ibach.

1280px-Wester_&_Co_2.jpg 800px-My_swiss_army_knife.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE