Big Cat Remains Finally Found?

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Interesting. There have been calls to reintroduce lynx to control deer numbers. Wonder if someone is having an unofficial pilot scheme. Its certainly feline so will watch with interest.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Mrs. Slocum is gonna be seriously concerned about the state of her pussy. legs are short though for a big cat. pity nothing for scale included in the photo.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
as loads of others have said, otter.

It would be nice if they only published articles like this with actual evidence of it being a 'big cat', instead we have more misleading headlines just to sell papers..

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
It's an otter & not a young one (worn canines & incisors).....no need for DNA tests, just look at the hind feet..cats & otters don't have the same paws...(or anything else come to that ;)) & there IS something to scale it by, ....the grass blades.!
The seagulls are an enigma though, could just be a fox or other predator that knabbed 'em whilst they were nibbling the otter's corpse or more worrying, a poison of some kind

Edit: enlarged photo of hind feet.

a-HEMEDIA_BIG_CAT5-640x468-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
......Edit: enlarged photo of hind feet......

the photo's a bit of a giveaway really isn't it. i glanced at the photo and scanned the article when the link was first posted and thought "don't be silly", but i didn't spend any time at all trying to work out what it was. as soon as otter was called i had another look and that back foot just jumps straight out at you. to my mind this couldn't be any clearer, it's an otter, a fairly big otter probably, but still an otter.

and i was so hoping for werewolves:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE