Big Cat Hunt on in Essex. And BOY is is a....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I wish they'd publish this photograph taken of it.

Hehe, any bushcrafters/members doing an overnighter down that way?

Conrad81

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi All,

Just seen this on the news, I was reading the 'Fear of the dark' thread last night and this article caught my eye.

I hope no one is camping near by and the authorities capture the cat safely without any harm to itself or anyone else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-19388301

Next time something goes bump in the dark when Im out, I am sure it will be a lot harder to control my wild imagination now :)

Regards
Conrads

Last edited by a moderator:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
ow does someone not miss this lion? Surely we don't have the private collectors over here like they do in the US
Would not fancy bumping into that that fello whilst up in the middle of the night for a pee!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
ow does someone not miss this lion? Surely we don't have the private collectors over here like they do in the US
Would not fancy bumping into that that fello whilst up in the middle of the night for a pee!

If it is a private collector, they won't be forthcoming. Chances are it is an illegal.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
There are some reporting that it may have come from a circus that was based a few miles away. If so, it is amazing that they don't know one of their lions is missing.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I was just wondering that. Imagine peering out of your hammock after hearing something breath heavily near by or rummaging in your bag and then you see a lion. Not much you could do all tied up in a hammock.

There is... but I'd be standing well clear of you and your hammock once the lion had gone :rolleyes::lmao:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The circus has been contacted and they say they've only got tigers. So that's OK then :lmao:

Mixed reports on the photograph now. The zoo say they can't confirm or deny that it is a lion :rolleyes:

Seems all parties are playing it down now, despite a massive police presence still searching.

Must have escaped from someones home security system. :rolleyes:

funny-pictures-lion-secures-your-home.jpg

Attachments

• funny-pictures-lion-secures-your-home.jpg
    funny-pictures-lion-secures-your-home.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 15

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Lost and alone and surrounded by sa

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I was going to type list and alone amongst savages that poor lion but I hit send by mistake. Sorry for being an idiot! Lol

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE