Big Cat Hunt on in Essex. And BOY is is a....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Two bushcrafters were out in the wilds, when they spotted a lion a little way off.

The lion looked at them hungrily.

With a practiced swing, one of the bushcrafters swiftly slipped off his Lowe Alpine, desert camo, 25 litre daysack and started scrabbling around inside it.

The other one said to him, "What are you looking for?"

"My trainers.", came the reply.

"Don't be silly, you can't outrun a lion!"

"I don't have to outrun the lion, I just have to outrun you!"

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have friends in a Circus (a big one, mind) and (when they used to keep cats, I dont know if they do anymore.) they were all registered and looked after very well. very valuable animals, you dont want to lose one...

That's been my experience also, at least as to how well they were looked after; I don't know what the registration requirements are over here TBH.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I can't imagine anyone whose name is Roman Soldier. No ones parents are that cruel. And I don't think he would be a real Roman Soldier either.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
so.. it was a pet cat. and a fake photo? lame. I heard this load of cobblers cost the police about £20,000 in funds to track down this 'lion'.

I know the papers are like 98% warm tripe but have they written anything genuinely interesting or true in the last 20 years?

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I actually went to college with a lad called Roman Warrior, ( his real birth name ) i just wondered if the was a guy out there with a similar name.

I can't imagine anyone whose name is Roman Soldier. No ones parents are that cruel. And I don't think he would be a real Roman Soldier either.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
so.. it was a pet cat. and a fake photo? lame. I heard this load of cobblers cost the police about £20,000 in funds to track down this 'lion'.

I know the papers are like 98% warm tripe but have they written anything genuinely interesting or true in the last 20 years?

According to news stories still ongoing. Several witnesses are outraged it has been swept under the carpet and insist it was no small cat but a lion sized lion. Looking at the evidence available, it would seem very strange for the zoo and police etc to go all out in tracking the animal just based on that awful picture. The amount of witnesses that came forward is not consistent with a mis-sighting of a small brown domestic cat. Unless someone was having fun with one of those doggy/lion suits on a mastiff, which I think is most likely, then something fishy is going on.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, Im thinking someone ought to be charged with wasting police time.

Mistake a kitty for a lion? Pull the other one!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
I saw this on Facebook and thought of you lot...

549548_456665487707698_487169485_n.jpg

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Also, no paw prints anywhere? Has it's sightings overlapped with any wet weather to leave a nice paw print in the mud? If I was a witness, I would be checking the ground in the area after it had gone to see if there was anything, just so I could prove I wasn't making it up!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
These days a lot of people will have some form of camera on them in the form of a mobile phone. I'm a bit surprised that there isn't more footage and photos being shared.

That's why I always take these incidents with a pinch of salt, when somebody finally gets a decent picture then I might actually believe them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE