best sandwich?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
chuck-norris-approved.jpg

Power

May 28, 2012
UK
A personal favorite and home made idea:
3 peices of bread, 1st layer = Salad cream and chicken, 2nd layer = Marmite, on the top peice of bread a good healthy covering of vinager.

Ray mears if could tavel back in time would like to see the 1st people make fire, i would like to go back and see what i was on when making this sandwich.....

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
There's a great deli/café at Stirling Farmers Auction Mart. The do a variation on the Croque Monsieur, the Croque Madame. Contains ham and cheese sandwich covered in cheesy béchamel, becomes a madame when a fried egg is placed on top of it. That or a Welsh rarebit on a cold sunday morning, heaven.

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Hands down winner...the 'Diablo Sandwich'...

[video=youtube;dKPGDTrQ2sY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpag e&v=dKPGDTrQ2sY[/video]

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
There being 3 slices of bacon left over from the lads brekfast and the perennially 4th spare bread cob from doing their packing up I decided on a bacon sandwich. So I starts frying away but for some reason, possibly induced by the zen like state of bacon sandwich making, I took a slice of bread and using a man sized mug as a cookie cutter made a circle of bread the same diameter as the bread cob and fried it in the bacon fat, flipping it to brown both sides. Assembled, with Tescos fruity sauce ( a lot like Chop used to be much to my delight ) it was th nicestbacon sarnie I have had in ages.

just wanted to share the moment.

ATB

Tom

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
You must have liked it a lot :lmao: that's a thread resurrection for sure.

I fry the lid of my bacon sarnie (inner side) but only when camping. It's too nice.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE