best sandwich?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I can't remember if any of us have suggested the cold weather favorite: the grilled cheese sandwich paired with a hot cup of tomato soup?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
One word. Tobasco!

Try it with chilli mayo mate, just the thing to have for lunch when you are dealing with a major network indecent and waiting for the engineer to show up.

Wow old thread. Must try this now.

Although recently its a Bacon, black and tomato.

There is a butty van near where I used to to live, recently started to pass there as I now have customers near bye.
The guy is an artist and his wife his muse and support.

Always fresh bacon. Never out of a warming pan or pre-cooked. Fat always removed as cooking so lean. Tomatoes always fresh cut then added to hotplate, cooked for a while then chopped up with a knife and cooked a little more.
The black is from the same place up north he always uses. Its sliced thin and cooked quick and always fresh, never dry never oily or heavy.
It is all then assembled with care before seasoning. Seasoning is done at eye level with great care, he stoops down to the same level as the hot plate and carefully dashes with salt then pepper.
All of this is done with a knife and metal fish slice, minimum food handling and his van is always white and spotless. Also transported by an immaculate 1980 landy.

To serve its then onto grease proof paper and into two paper bags. I have no doubt that even without the grease proof paper my lap would still be grease free.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE