best sandwich?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Bacon and chip butty crusty white bread with half brown sauce half ketchup! Gloriously unhealthy and delicious :p

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Bacon well done but not burnt and no fat, black pud sliced thin fried good quality, chopped fried tomms finished with salt and pepper on toast.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm so spoilt for choice nowadays.
I can either come on here to see lists of food made by people I don't know or I can go on Facebook to see photos of food taken by people I used to go to school with.

Nom.

Nom.

Nom.

Lol.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Bacon & brie with Mrs H.S. Balls Original Chutney in a fresh crusty baguette.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

The chutney even elevates the humble cheddar cheese sandwich into gastronomic heights :D

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I will do just that, I like ham, cheese and jam (in the same role) so I will try most things once :D

Meat and jam really works

Turkey and cranberry

Pork and apple

Lamb and red currant

They are all just meat and something sweety acidy.

So is sausage and marmalade...and its nice...I'll refund the price if you don't like it :)

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland

Turkey and cranberry

Pork and apple

Lamb and red currant

So is sausage and marmalade...and its nice...I'll refund the price if you don't like it :)

Sausage and marmalade! Right, I will definitely try that one, being a marmalade fan.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
It just occurred to me that a lot of these great sandwich recipes are just a full English between two slices of bread. We used to call it a 'banjo.'

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
It just occurred to me that a lot of these great sandwich recipes are just a full English between two slices of bread. We used to call it a 'banjo.'
Egg banjo...So called because if you bit into the egg and it exploded onto your shirt, you would hold the sarnie to one side and brush at your shirt with the other hand...to all intents looking as if you were playing the, air, banjo.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Egg banjo...So called because if you bit into the egg and it exploded onto your shirt, you would hold the sarnie to one side and brush at your shirt with the other hand...to all intents looking as if you were playing the, air, banjo.

:lmao: It's all coming back to me now.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I don't know if it's already been mentioned in some weird English terminology, but the best sandwich is, when you put lenght-cut frankfurters on a slice of bread, and on this you put a slice of cheese. This goes in the microwave for about 2 minutes, and voilá, the most tasty thing that exists is born.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com

Turkey and cranberry

Pork and apple

Lamb and red currant

Sausage and marmalade! Right, I will definitely try that one, being a marmalade fan.

What would be your recommended sausage, pork or beef, or a fancy beef and Guinness.....

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Turkey and cranberry

Pork and apple

Lamb and red currant

If you want to add a little heat to the mixture try Jalapeno jelly. It goes particularly well with cured ham but go sparingly. Or over creamed cheese as a dip for the side of corn chips.

Sources to buy: www.thefind.com/food/info-jalapeno-jelly
Or to make your own: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/jalapeno-jelly

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I like a nice pork chipolata, sliced lengthwise (well, several chipolatas :)), served hot on bread and butter so the butter melts (cold is good too though) and then a thin coat of fine shred orange marmalade...not plastered but more than a tiny smear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE