Best present ever??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
I was lucky enough to receive a place on a Dryad Bushcraft course from my very generous better half this christmas,:D Was wondering if any of you guys recieved a bushcraft related gift?? if so what what was your favourite?

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Very happy with my copy of the RM Wild Food book and the video. The book is great reading and has tons of information in it.:D

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I got a car, a box of celyon tea and a book on how to constuct the more complicated celtic knots, does that count?

Al Pine

Jul 13, 2007
Yorkshire
Fred.....Are there more details on the calorie & calorific content on the wild food featured in the book, than on the TV program ..and ..does the book feature more wild foods than on the program.... If you could let me know after you've read it....It would be much appreciated................Thanks Fred..............Gaz

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Books on fauna and flora, Dutch Oven, Sabre 75, Lantern - well chuffed:D :D :D,

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I also got the Wild Food book and DVD. The book has an insight to our aboriginal ancestors, findings in the various locations visited during the series and use of a vast array of plants and photos of them to boot. This takes up a large section of the book and is quite comprehensive, although it is mentioned that work continues on an actual field guide, so it may be worth waiting for that if it is something you wish to take out with you in order to find edible plants.

Love my Carvin' Jack, my new belt for carrying my F1 in it's custom Topknot sheath and possibles pooch, a bit dissapointed with the latest offering from Pete Galetta though. It seems he has been spending a bit of time perusing these forums and watching Ron Hood videos!

Jan 1, 2006
Essex
I got Basic Bushcraft and Survival Vol 5 & 6, a US Poncho and a Gortex Bivvy Bag I am looking forward to putting the info and kit to good use.:)

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I got a canoe sail, a box of matches ( it would appear that irony is not suspended at Christmas ), a nice bottle of whiskey and enough sheckles to import a paddle from Canada, if they'll ever pick up the phone or answer an email.

Sep 19, 2006
Gloucester
Mrs Badger got me a Japanese Waterstone Set *purr*

It's so hard to think up things for people to get me, especially as now I'm older and working - I tend to just buy anything I need during the year anyway. So I chose something that I hope will last a long long time, but is a bit too expensive/frivolous for me to buy myself.

Once I've practiced a lot on my old b&q hatchet, mora, and Aldi felling axe I'll start to think about getting a proper axe (maybe that can be my birthday pressie)

Also got blacks vouchers from other people, and am looking at getting a shiny Archos portable video player to buy with christmas money from parents some time in the next few months - I can then carry videos (bushcraft tutorials, of course), scanned pictures, excerpts from websites and plain text files around in a nice compact light weight unit.

I hope to spend this weekend sharpening every bit of steel I own!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I got:-
Collins Gem - Food for Free
Collins - Wildlife of Britain (a bit thicker than a Gem but info on both flora & fauna)
Alan Titchmarsh - Nature of Britain
Annual parking permit for our local country park (I always whinge about parking fees - "Thats why I pay my Council Tax!)

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
bushcrafty pressies umm, i got ray mears survival DVD, love the RAF episode and a leatherman wave ( cut myself about 12 times now )

I got from the wife & kids , Ray's Survival DVD (same as commandocal), nice thermal balaclava & summer and winter hiking socks, my Dad gave me a set of woodworking chisels & the Dragon (oops meant to say mother in law) got me a nice 14cm Zebra billy(so she does actually listen to my conversations hehe)

Tree

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
a set of frost hook knives from my son and a belt sander ( for knife making, so sort of bushcrafty) from my other half. Along with various books and dvds

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE