Best place in the world to live for the BC enthusiast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sawyer

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2010
somewhere
As the title says, where would you choose and why?

Personally, even though I've never been, I quite like the idea of Sweden, due to thousands of lakes, right to roam laws, BC culture and respect for the countryside they seem to have and also the beautiful scenery.

What about you guys?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
How about going tropical & spend your days doing bushcraft in Fiji, the Maldives etc... during the Winter & then do Sweeden in the summer

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Don't know, since I've only lived in the UK. But both New Zealand and Canada do have a strong appeal to me. Particularly Canada.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, you are adventurous, arent you?

Sino Tibetian border, Said to be Shangrila. (But not in Tibet proper, as I have heard its rather barren.) Possibly Kasmir or even Bhutan.

Timbuktu for the libraries, Iran for the food, Mexico for the hallucinogenics, Australia for the minerals

And South Wales for the Bushmoot.

I'm lucky enough to have travelled the world and been "out" in most environments - Jungle, Desert, Arctic, Tropical Island, Northern Forest - you name it.

Before now I would have said Canadian Rockies (truly magical) - but since moving here I'll go for France, mainly because it has an amazing variety of geography and topography in a relatively small area (I can find a piece of the Canadian Rockies in the Alps). It has roughly half the population density of UK and so many more forest and wilderness areas. In my experience they are also much more relaxed with the laws of camping out and firelighting (providing you don't start a fire south of the Loire Valley in summer - in which case you will go to jail - pretty much for ever!). I live next to Fontainebleau Forest - over 100 sq miles of mixed (mainly broadleaf) woodland and the only thing I have to take care about is La Chasse de Sanglier (Boar Hunt) which takes place most Sundays.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
That has wetted my appetite

:D

More pics from Transylvania...

erdély_261.jpg

erdély_046.jpg

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
I'd choose Canada. Or Alaska. Or Sweden. Transylvania looks nice. New Zealand could float my boat, as well. Actually, make it anywhere but Manchester.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE