Best place in the world to live for the BC enthusiast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Sadly there are bugs here too, even at altitude, don't know about the Tatras though. :)

Ok, I have been to the lower Tatras, between Auschwitz and Wroclaw. That was way back in 92. It was October and did not see any. Lovely quiet place and very desserted. Forrests, plains with sugarbeet and very few villages. Just google earthed the village I stayed in, has not changed, only a few extra houses. Embrun/Lake de Serre Poncon and Ailfroide, 800m + all have Mozzies. Tend to be in the shade and at dusk.

Nick

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Ok, I have been to the lower Tatras, between Auschwitz and Wroclaw. That was way back in 92. It was October and did not see any. Lovely quiet place and very desserted. Forrests, plains with sugarbeet and very few villages. Just google earthed the village I stayed in, has not changed, only a few extra houses. Embrun/Lake de Serre Poncon and Ailfroide, 800m + all have Mozzies. Tend to be in the shade and at dusk.

Nick

Sounds lovely, no photos?

I was thinking more of the Fogaras in Transylvania rather than the Tátra of which I have only passing experience. Mosquitoes were still attacking in depth, at altitude, in October. :(

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I would actually say the place where I am now, northern Norway.
We have the right to roam "allemannsretten" and also plenty of space to roam on.

1270497809_resized.jpg

1282986955_resized.jpg

1280081500_resized.jpg

Tor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE