Belt wear (as in what to)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Ok I'm probably going to get flamed for this (flame suit on :shock: )

But whats everyone's views on belt kits.

Reason for asking is I have some unused webbing here (non dpm plce) and was thinking of using it for bushcraft stuff.

I don't like having everything on my back as I don't always take a rucsac as some of my activities make wearing 1 a right PIA. Also I wear a combat jacket, so having stuff on the belt thats holding my trousers up is a no no, as its usually fastened below where the pouches would be and I don't fancy having to undo the jacket everytime I want something, and having it in the jacket would make it damn heavy.

Now I'm not talking full webbing here, just a couple of utility pouches and a water bottle pouch and a camera bag or 2 and no yoke.

I've noticed alot of camera shops are now doing webbing style load carrying systems.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Its the norm in Australia, Bob Cooper carrys every thing in belt order, i got a pic ill look for it, if it suits you go for it, Bobs belt kit consists of a couple of water bottle pouches, knife (KAbar) multi tool, a FAK,and a couple of pouches with odds and sods in (cant remember at the mo what they contained one had his survival kit in) and a long back pouch with a survival blanket and flares.(off to look for pic :wink: )

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
should I put my flame retardent suit on?

If it works, use it. It looks a bit SAS wannabe if your all in DPM but I normaly carry photography kit on my belt. My FAK is a meant for belt carry and I have pouches for others bits and pieces as well. Mine is all black for St Johns. I find it's better for ho days when you don't want a pack on

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Thats all I was thinking about.

FAK
Water bottle + mug
cooker
2 or 3 utility pouch 1 being possibles :D
My knife is on a baldrick strap
and the ubiqitus camera gear
and the axe when in belt order.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
heres the picture of what Bob Cooper carries not a great pic but you get the idea as andy says in the auzzi heat a rucksac is not very practical as you can over heat and you can get all you need for weeks in the belt order.Oh i missed out the gloves.

Picture1480.jpg

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Andy said:
should I put my flame retardent suit on?

If it works, use it. It looks a bit SAS wannabe if your all in DPM but I normaly carry photography kit on my belt. My FAK is a meant for belt carry and I have pouches for others bits and pieces as well. Mine is all black for St Johns. I find it's better for ho days when you don't want a pack on

I got into into bushcraft cos of shooting and wanting to carry minimum of kit, so add a rifle to that lot and oh my god!!!! :eek:):

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Paganwolf said:
heres the picture of what Bob Cooper carries not a great pic but you get the idea as andy says in the auzzi heat a rucksac is not very practical as you can over heat and you can get all you need for weeks in the belt order.Oh i missed out the gloves.

Picture1480.jpg

How do you hang a coolbox full of tinnies on your belt?

Keith.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Danzo said:
Isn't carrying the icie full of tinnies what the Sheila's for?

:uu:

Danzo
:rolmao:lol yeah good point but if their on her back she wont be able to carry her other functions out like opening them,and other things, and if i mentioned the other things id get banned :rolmao:

Danzo

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 8, 2004
Close to Sherwood
Paganwolf said:
:rolmao:lol yeah good point but if their on her back she wont be able to carry her other functions out like opening them,and other things, and if i mentioned the other things id get banned :rolmao:

Isn't opening the tinnies and the 'other things' what the Sheilas younger, more attractive sister is for?

:eek:):

Danzo

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I have a belt kit that I carry as opposed to a ruck during the summer months. It is a good way to carry gear, but I found out early on that I needed to add some braces or my levis ended up around my ankles. :shock: :lol:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
RovingArcher said:
I have a belt kit that I carry as opposed to a ruck during the summer months. It is a good way to carry gear, but I found out early on that I needed to add some braces or my levis ended up around my ankles. :shock: :lol:

You walk in Levis... thats gotta hurt, I've got some twisted Levis so the seam isn't on the inside of my leg and even they get uncomfortable if walking distance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE