Before they pass away - people on the verge of disappearing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Do tribes and ways of life necessarily disappear? Modern technology and communications allow for people to combine traditional and "modern" ways of life if they choose and if the Government of their countries permit. Unfortunately many countries view all aspects of indigenous living as relics and as somehow holding back modernisation instead of realising that they are what can make a country more interesting and worthwhile to live in.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I was sent a link to this on FB the other day, some stunning photography. I especially like the photo's of the photo's being taken (does that make sense?). There's something otherworldly about seeing traditional people, in traditional dress, and in traditional looking settings, but surrounded by modern photographic equipment. Wonderful website :)

Cheers,

Stuart.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Stunning images, a record for future generations. Wish I could afford the book:eek:

Nov 2, 2013
Central Asia
I'm painfully aware that I'm a new boy to this forum, but I'm a little bit passionate about indigenous cultures, so please allow me to dip my toe in the water.

Jimmy Nelson needs no intro. Clearly an awesomely experienced guy. But I did get a clear feeling after watching the 20 minute intro, that it really was all about...well...Jimmy Nelson. It certainly had a 'celebrity fly-on-the-wall' theme going on throughout the whole film. To top it all off, I think the narrator was the same guy who sells Dodge-Ram Pick-Ups on AFN.

I somehow didn't get the feeling that it was aimed at the discerning, think-outside-of-the-box bushcraft enthusiast. In that respect I think that the many indigenous tribes in question may have far more to offer us than dressing-up for photo-shoots.

Still, the pics do look great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE