Been In The Loft... (pic heavy and boring)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Had a poke about in the loft again!Only went and found some more pics of days gone by, when i was young fit and keen, anyway these are mainly for Goatboy, as i know it will make him smile and he is too far away for a brew, so apologies to those who find this boring.

But all comments, good or bad always welcome, not really befitting for a bushcraft website, but hey ho!

Thanks for putting up with my nonsense.

Ivan...

img139.jpg img098.jpg

img099.jpg img100.jpg

img101.jpg img102.jpg

img103.jpg img104.jpg

img105.jpg img106.jpg

img107.jpg img108.jpg

img109.jpg img110.jpg

img111.jpg img112.jpg

img113.jpg img114.jpg

img115.jpg img116.jpg

img117.jpg img118.jpg

img119.jpg img120.jpg

img121.jpg img122.jpg

img123.jpg img124.jpg

img125.jpg img126.jpg

img127.jpg img128.jpg

img129.jpg img130.jpg

img131.jpg img132.jpg

img133.jpg img134.jpg

img135.jpg img136.jpg

img137.jpg img138.jpg

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
So tell me again how many springs and shocks did your vehicles get through in their life time? :confused:

I'm please I never bought a second hand motor form you :p
Looks like you certainly made them work for their keep.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Pickup, tractor and wood pictures like that should be posted after the watershed. Shame on you.

What monster tree was that before it was a stump?

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Nice pics Ivan! :)

220504082.jpg

This was my first mog in the first few weeks of having it.... nice and shiny! :) Sadly never took photos of the blue mog and PTO 18inch chipper I had.... Lovely Mog :D

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
So tell me again how many springs and shocks did your vehicles get through in their life time? :confused:

I'm please I never bought a second hand motor form you :p
Looks like you certainly made them work for their keep.

Believe it or not, never had a spring or shock go on me! Testament to the build quality i guess, it was compulsory to have a proper load on to go home, those pics are from the Palace Hotel in Torquay, after the big storm, and don't forget i had to drive all the way back to Lounston, on Dartmoor.

I only ever got stopped once, and the copper said "What do you think you weigh?" I said about 10 stone, didnt go down too well , he made me chuck about half of it off, on the verge in the Avenue in Newton Abbot, i went back to collect the rest later.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Pickup, tractor and wood pictures like that should be posted after the watershed. Shame on you.

What monster tree was that before it was a stump?

And there i was thinking i would get slated, thankyou kind sir.Don't encourage me, i have loads more!

YEAH, re the monster it was a cedar of lebanon, struck by lightning, will post pics if you don't behave!

Ivan...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We just must have drunk in some of the same pubs Ivan - probably at much the same time from the haircuts in those photos :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice pics Ivan! :)

View attachment 25088

This was my first mog in the first few weeks of having it.... nice and shiny! :) Sadly never took photos of the blue mog and PTO 18inch chipper I had.... Lovely Mog :D

That is the prettiest mog i have ever seen, at night i would take those sides off and ride around Exmouth seafront, stereo blasting roof tapping.

Ivan...

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
That is the prettiest mog i have ever seen, at night i would take those sides off and ride around Exmouth seafront, stereo blasting roof tapping.

Ivan...

:D I did get persuaded to take my mate to his wedding in it once when I was best man :D It was hilarious turning up at the church in it.... the vicar was not amused! :D

Inevitably it got progressively less shiny as time went by :) There again... it was a tool not a toy although it felt like a toy sometimes when driving it around :D

You worked with some big old kit there mate!

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
And there i was thinking i would get slated, thankyou kind sir.Don't encourage me, i have loads more!

YEAH, re the monster it was a cedar of lebanon, struck by lightning, will post pics if you don't behave!

Ivan...

More pics when you can please Ivan.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wow Ivan that's taking me back! Love the old Bedford, mate of mine had an old army one with the machine gun mount/hatch still on the roof, even found some ammo under the seat on day when cleaning it out. Love the classic County too, have had a lot of fun in them.
One thing up here was the decent sized hardwood boles you're eating into were in short supply, some lovely looking sticks too. Bet you miss that old Hilux? Great machine, though better loaded than empty. What's the blue van/flatbed? Can't make it out in the pic. You still working at height? Was always exciting stuff that, miss it, though the crash of biggies coming down was my thing, think I've said it before, used to lift the ear defenders off to hear it.:eek: Sorry keep on going back for another look, should try to find my pics but goodness knows if the old scanner still works.
Cheers for posting up the pics - I can smell the smells and hear the noises in my head - would kill me doing it now I think though.
Any more stored away?
Cheers again and as they say "you've made an old man feel very old!":confused:
ATB & thanks,
Colin

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Wow Ivan that's taking me back! Love the old Bedford, mate of mine had an old army one with the machine gun mount/hatch still on the roof, even found some ammo under the seat on day when cleaning it out. Love the classic County too, have had a lot of fun in them.
One thing up here was the decent sized hardwood boles you're eating into were in short supply, some lovely looking sticks too. Bet you miss that old Hilux? Great machine, though better loaded than empty. What's the blue van/flatbed? Can't make it out in the pic. You still working at height? Was always exciting stuff that, miss it, though the crash of biggies coming down was my thing, think I've said it before, used to lift the ear defenders off to hear it.:eek: Sorry keep on going back for another look, should try to find my pics but goodness knows if the old scanner still works.
Cheers for posting up the pics - I can smell the smells and hear the noises in my head - would kill me doing it now I think though.
Any more stored away?
Cheers again and as they say "you've made an old man feel very old!":confused:
ATB & thanks,
Colin

Hi Colin, thought you would like that! The blue truck was a Toyota Hiace tipper had loads of them, column change, slow as an old boat but carried weight well.

The old Bedford i bought and did not have a reg doc, so i just handpainted the reg on and off i went! How mad? It would pull a house down.Good old Syd, never got stopped!

I don't climb anymore, used to love showing off, health and safety would go nuts today, no harness or anything, just got up there and got on with it, lucky to have come through it really.

The best years of my life, by a long way i was in my element, young fit, fearless and good at what i did.

Ivan...

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Believe it or not, never had a spring or shock go on me! Testament to the build quality i guess, ...........

I only ever got stopped once, and the copper said "What do you think you weigh?" I said about 10 stone, didnt go down too well......

Aye they don't make em like they used to, trucks or coppers for that matter, I don't think they come equiped with a sense of humour or sometimes the brains to use it, nowadays they'd have had the little squirt from the DOT down with his mobile corner weight scales/weigh bridge thingamybob & you'd be looking at a few points.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Colin, thought you would like that! The blue truck was a Toyota Hiace tipper had loads of them, column change, slow as an old boat but carried weight well.

The old Bedford i bought and did not have a reg doc, so i just handpainted the reg on and off i went! How mad? It would pull a house down.Good old Syd, never got stopped!

I don't climb anymore, used to love showing off, health and safety would go nuts today, no harness or anything, just got up there and got on with it, lucky to have come through it really.

The best years of my life, by a long way i was in my element, young fit, fearless and good at what i did.

Ivan...

Hiace that's it, couldn't remember:) Those Bedford's were real workhorses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE