Been In The Loft 2! (pic heavy)

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Ha ha nice one thanks Ivan. I will pass on the info. As I say my mate is not 100% sure but we are having a check through our lists and old photos now. I love doing a good bit of research to pass an evening.

Problem is these days most of the exporters have had the decent MK2s and MK3s to send overseas. A truck worth £2K in this country can be worth £5-6K in Africa or the Middle East.:(

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well! Some of you guys asked for it! Been out this morning to my mates yards, to get some pics for your delight! First load of my old business partners yard, still going strong as you can see, great to have a chat and a nose around, he is convinced i am making money out of this! But has said he will dig out some pics of when we worked together, so look out!

Next is a yard, affectionately known as Sobe's where i have had untold deals, it is a right Aladdins cave of nonsense, he likes it that way! If he ain't got it nobody has, some of you guys would love to spend hours wandering around his place.

A good old morning indeed, oh yeah youngest came with me as he is just getting over being ill, just the tonic he needed, never heard so many Wow's!

Anyway have a look, as usual all comments, and a few questions no doubt! Always welcome.

Ivan...

Bakers and Sobys 001.jpg Bakers and Sobys 002.jpg Bakers and Sobys 003.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 004.jpg Bakers and Sobys 005.jpg Bakers and Sobys 006.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 007.jpg Bakers and Sobys 008.jpg Bakers and Sobys 009.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 010.jpg Bakers and Sobys 011.jpg Bakers and Sobys 012.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 013.jpg Bakers and Sobys 014.jpg Bakers and Sobys 015.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 016.jpg Bakers and Sobys 017.jpg Bakers and Sobys 018.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 019.jpg Bakers and Sobys 020.jpg Bakers and Sobys 021.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 022.jpg Bakers and Sobys 023.jpg Bakers and Sobys 024.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 025.jpg Bakers and Sobys 026.jpg Bakers and Sobys 027.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 028.jpg Bakers and Sobys 029.jpg Bakers and Sobys 030.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 031.jpg Bakers and Sobys 032.jpg Bakers and Sobys 033.jpg

Bakers and Sobys 034.jpg Bakers and Sobys 035.jpg Bakers and Sobys 036.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice pics again Ivan, it's good being able to vicariously get out and about to interesting places around the country. Your mate keeps a nice tidy yard, I'm impressed. Was always a thing of mine at the saw mill that if things were tidy it was more efficient.

The other yard has some nice things in it. The wee lad must've had a hoot. Love going to yards like that. There was a brilliant military surplus yard in Perth in the 80's that I used to spend hours in. From inflatable hospitals to kit bags with tanks APC's and trucks thrown in.

Love the wee tracked dozers and the Roller/Bentley. Nice big shackles, put's me in mind of some of the monsters we had on the skyline. Remember going from old steel karabiners to alloy in my tree surgery days; what a weight saving.

Did the wee one get anything? Couldn't have left empty handed myself at that age.:D

Do like the King Charles look, all you need is a nice frilly shirt and a brocade waistcoat and you'd be set.

Keep 'em coming and I'll see what other pics I can find this end.

ATB,
C.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Great pics Ivan.
I'm one of those people, who could get lost for hours in there. I like things with a story behind them. Where has it been what is the history, I wish they could talk and tell us their tales. What tree are you and the young'un stood next to Ivan? Is it cedar?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Great pics Ivan.
I'm one of those people, who could get lost for hours in there. I like things with a story behind them. Where has it been what is the history, I wish they could talk and tell us their tales. What tree are you and the young'un stood next to Ivan? Is it cedar?

Hi Mate, it's proper name is Monterey Cypress, but in this country we call it Macrocarpa, or Maccy as it is affecionately known, i personally don't like soft wood and the Maccy is one of my all time pet hate trees, but shouldn't be as it probably has earned me more money than any other tree species!

Oh and you would get lost in Sobes for hours, it's an amazing place, the wierd thing is when you go in there and ask for a particular item, he knows if he has one and exactly where it is.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE