Been a long time coming

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've been a member here for quite some time and read much more than I post.

Only a year ago I was the guy that took no more than a knife into the woods thinking I had the skills to last indefinitely. Then I made it outdoors...

Some of you may recognize that I write the weekly updates to the "52 Weeks" thread at Knifeforums and EOG. If you're unfamiliar with the thread, a group of "Woodsbums" issued a challenge on January 1, 2005 to themselves to get into the woods at least once a week for an entire year. It's been quite an experience so far and we've seen participation at one and we've seen it at 15 with several youngsters along. It's been an excellent learning experience and, most certainly, an EXPENSIVE experience for a guy who never had much need for extreme cold weather gear, wet weather gear, hot weather gear...you get the picture.

I am now drawn to the woods and find myself fantasizing about what lies behind the treeline as I drive along the expressways around Chicago.

I'm also a stay at home dad with a 2 and 4 year old that keep me hopping most hours of the day. I have every intention of introducing my daughter to the woods before the year is out. (She's the 4 year old.)

I have, since registering, found this to be a treasure trove of information. I hope, going forward, to participate a bit more than I have thus far but make no promises I can't keep. Some weeks just posting the updates to "52 Weeks" is a bit more than I can chew.

See you around,

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
well brian , glad you made it here bro...enjoy the great folks and info.. it's never to early to get your small one in the field....also a hardy welcome from phx. arizona....vince g.....11b inf....

Polestar

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2005
Lewes
A big welcome Brian - great to have you 'on board'. Havn't read the '52' thread yet - will have a look later today.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Brian, welcome to BCUK i read your 52 weeks thread on EOG and always enjoy to see your pictures and hear what you have been up to!
keep it up and enjoy BCUK :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE