Beards?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you have a beard?

• yes

Votes: 131 64.9%
  • no

Votes: 59 29.2%
  • I try but can't grow one.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I'm a lady so errr no.

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
My hair and my beard grow like weeds. It's ridiculous. If I shave, I get a five o'clock shadow by lunch time. So most of the time I don't shave, just trim it with an electric trimmer.

A long time ago I was suing a company that owed me a lot of money. Because it was a lot of money there was to be a hearing before a judge at the High Court in London. My lawyer said I should shave for the occasion as it gives a better impression to the judge. At that time I'd sported a beard for about ten years. Anyway I shaved for about a week before so that my skin would get used to it, and not look all red and blotchy in court.

The hearing was to be on a Monday. The weekend before that, I was due to visit my mother. While I was sitting with her in her living room the telephone rang and my mother answered it. It was my sister, who I'd stopped by to see on the way to my mother's house.

Apparently my sister asked my mother, "What do you think of him without the beard?"

"Beard?", said my mother...

And the company went into liquidation too, so I never got my money. :(

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I voted no cause during the warmer months I like to be clean-shaven. I just need four weeks for a full beard. :)

Looking forward to being bearded again this autumn! (though my wifey hates it :( )

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
As good friend said once "If your dad doesn't have a beard, you have two mums."

I also sported a waxed handlebar (english) for a time too. But having one with a beard is frowned upon in the handlebar community. Apparently.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I normally have some sort of beard, but it tends to be one of those 'havn't bothered shaving for a month or 2' ..... I normally only get around to shaving 8 or so times a year.

Ed

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
cheers mate.

You're welcome!:D

Massive earbeards neatly trimmed and those little lines around the face that would be easier just drawn on are just cheesier than a cheesy thing, the ultimate male vanity thing and obviously have too much time on their hands!

Moustaches? 25yrs ago maybe especially if you fronted a stadium rock band and had questionable sexual tastes!:lmao:

Goatees can be got away with but are usually on a fat bloke in an office (as mentioned) to elongate his face because its easier than dieting & exercise......

Opinionated? me?;)

Cheers!

Marc

(fat, full bearded & happy!)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My beard is old enough to have grandchildren.

My wife says "if I'd wanted to marry a hairless bloke I'f have gone for one of those chest shaving feminine boy band types"

Suits me :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
You're welcome!:D

Massive earbeards neatly trimmed and those little lines around the face that would be easier just drawn on are just cheesier than a cheesy thing, the ultimate male vanity thing and obviously have too much time on their hands!

Moustaches? 25yrs ago maybe especially if you fronted a stadium rock band and had questionable sexual tastes!:lmao:

Goatees can be got away with but are usually on a fat bloke in an office (as mentioned) to elongate his face because its easier than dieting & exercise......

Opinionated? me?;)

Cheers!

Marc

(fat, full bearded & happy!)

Or just off DARN SARF

218061_10150231317434073_539479072_8599046_2416126_n.jpg

Mafro

Settler
Jan 20, 2010
Kent
www.selfemadeknives.co.uk
I have a beard, and am too a lazy shaver. It started as a goatie, then an O beard, then I added the chin strap and now its short all over.

Wifey likes me to be hairy faced, she likes the rough look ;)

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Gave up shaving when I was 19. (My big brother was the reason the local Grammar School brought in rule "All students must be clean shaven" !) I have 5 o'clock shadow by 10:00 A.M.

Did shave one side of my beard off for a week for charity a few years back. By end of week I was quite used to it. Had to see a Doctor for a repeat asthma prescription, turned out to be a locum. I kept a straight face through out. Poor chap must have thought he had a right nutter on his hands ! :red::lmao:

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Had a beard for longer than I care to remember. Have also had several different 'styles' when I was younger, but now it is full face, as it has been for many years, but kept trimmed. Usually run the trimmer over it when I'm doing my hair once a month or so. I find that short hair and short beard saves me looking in the mirror in the mornings and getting a fright :)

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
You lot are a bad influence. Having spent a week in the woods with a load of 'beardy-weirdy-blokes' (according to the other half) I've decided to give it a go myself. I'll be surprised if I make it beyond a month before it gets savaged in the night but for now one more yes!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE