Bear Grylls The Island series II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
My thoughts entirely, but he's gonna have to add a few more piggies a day there are 12 of them all doing physical activities. After 5 days they will begin to exaust the energy reserves, and I believe they are two weeks in already. You would need a pig a day of that size each!

I still live in hope it will turn into lord of the flies. I missed the blokes island this week, the men's island did use the black website designers glasses to light the fire, he didn't get a cheer in introductions, by any chance have they declared themselves the hunters and stolen his specks yet?

Ah you've put me in mind to read Lord Of The Flies again Petro. One of my favourite books growing up. Means heading up to the attic though. Goodness knows what lurks there.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Now that would be the greatest reality tv show ever...reduced to eating each other, pity the fat builder left or they could have hollowed him out and used him as a canoe to reach the woman's island for even more depravity. :cool:

Mmm bear could think of adding a conch shell, and spreading signs of "the beast".

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Yeah, i noticed that straight away, i'm pretty sure the guys did the same, but maybe off camera someone removed the cap...

anyway, i was giving them the benefit of the doubt that the can had a hole somewhere to vent out the steam...obviously not. as i said before in this thread, Bear wont be happy until he kills someone.
The cans are obviously placed on the islands for the "game show" hosts to use, surely there had to be a memo on safe use at some stage.

Yeah its called common sense, like someone said his kid knows not to do that.

May 3, 2015
isle pf Anglesey
This series makes me so angry how a good few people actually don't want to be there and I think it's selfish too go on the show and then back out , someone else who really would have tried hard would of been a better participant and I know it's a experiment but some people are not even worthy of being in the experiment , does anyone agree?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
This series makes me so angry how a good few people actually don't want to be there and I think it's selfish too go on the show and then back out , someone else who really would have tried hard would of been a better participant and I know it's a experiment but some people are not even worthy of being in the experiment , does anyone agree?

Sort of, maybe.

But perhaps they were selected because they were that way, is the thing that's always in the back of my mind watching these shows.

May 3, 2015
isle pf Anglesey
Sort of, maybe.

But perhaps they were selected because they were that way, is the thing that's always in the back of my mind watching these shows.
I agree because some of the people just moan and moan but it's all down to the producers to edit the film the gang have recorded so maybe they make the weaker ones look weaker if you agree?

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I agree because some of the people just moan and moan but it's all down to the producers to edit the film the gang have recorded so maybe they make the weaker ones look weaker if you agree?

I've had the opportunity to see just how much they skew stuff for fly on the wall programmes. A few years back they did a series at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. I knew the hotel and staff very well having run a couple of big conventions there. It was a real education to see just how they edited and presented it to make some of the staff look utterly different from their real characters, usually to make someone look bad. I've never been keen on being in front of the camera and mostly kept out of the way during the filming at one of the conventions. I would never participate in any kind of media thing by choice.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Nor me.

Anyone come near me with a camera and I will go bezerk

Besides, this is the 21st century; who needs to be on telly?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Thank god that's over, the dullest tv Show ever, 12 episodes, and all but 3 I saw was people lying around starving and arguing, I sort of felt like Michael Buerk should have been there, and had the premonition bob geldof and oxfam may have been asking for cash.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Thought it was a better effort than most previous series.

Also come to think that it's downright sadistic of the production not to give them some saws, knowing full well they need large amounts of wood.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Not to mention the half sedated solitary pig on the men's island on the second last night, no pig tracks ever seen on the men's island the whole time, then on the second last day suddenly there are the tracks of a solitary feast sized pig wandering about the beach which they easily creep up on and it hardly puts up any flight or fight when pounced on after being approached by 3 men with the fox walking skills of an elephant who were talking to each other as they 'stealthily' approached the sleeping beast, where were the rest of the pigs that naturally inhabited this island?

Edit :lmao: Just read the Daily mail link :lmao: if they are gonna do that might as well do the whole thing on set in a studio

Bears intro

"We've locked these 13 ordinary men and women in a warehouse pretending to be an island, there is water and food if they have the skill and will and ingenuity to find, kill, prepare and purify them for consumption .........."

Last edited:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
"I've ensured there is enough water, indigenous animals and vegetation on it" in the first few minutes of the first episode.

Which I took to mean they could have seeded the island somewhat.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
What amazed me was that none of them had the first idea about food hygiene. Not having bushcraft skills fine, the premise of the programme was that they were ordinary off the street people without any prior experience. Not knowing that you need to cook and eat stuff fast in tropical conditions had me absolutely gobsmacked. I thought everyone knew stuff like that.

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
What amazed me was that none of them had the first idea about food hygiene. Not having bushcraft skills fine, the premise of the programme was that they were ordinary off the street people without any prior experience. Not knowing that you need to cook and eat stuff fast in tropical conditions had me absolutely gobsmacked. I thought everyone knew stuff like that.
Especially pork, surely why the dessert religions were/are funny about eating it

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
For a supposed survival situation it was criminal how much meat they left to go bad from the large kamen type animal that they 'caught in their trap', Bear is the Milli Vanilli of survival tv cemented in his status as the frontman of survival tv fakery

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales

Yeah. They still seemed to be trying to do fixed meal times, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Which I guess is a relatively recent thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE