Beach camp/wildlife watching.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Cracking pictures, good to see the locals are hogging the best spots(the pups that is). Been years since I was a beach on the East coast, really should stop next time am on the A1.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Miyagi old chap, me think's Stoo is back in outer space! and i never got it the first time his comment about the seal and you,as the seal appears far to active and chirpy to be your good self!(ps said with a yule time nod and wink!)

Hahahaha they look like they've had a night on the vodka!

That place looks even better than the old place Andy.

I can vouch for Tiger Stacker, Andy, you'd love it down there TS.

Liam

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hadn't seen this thread :eek:

Beautiful :D Thanks Andy :cool: Interesting looking bit of the world there :)

Do seal pups not mind you of well fed and play with puppies ? :)

Stoo, good to know you're alive :)

Wellies are now high fashion I'm told; see Liam ? you're a leader of fashion :D a veritable Bushcraft Beau Brummel :)

What would they haul ashore there Andy, or process and load ? The old OS maps ought to give an indication of what the buildings were used for. I know the war got in the way around that time, but there were surveys just before and it might come up on them.
Local farmer might know too.

atb,
M

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Wellies are now high fashion I'm told; see Liam ? you're a leader of fashion :D a veritable Bushcraft Beau Brummel :)

Hmmm, I'm not sure the Beau Brummel look is the one I'm after for Bushcrafting - think I'll stick with the Jimmy Cricket outfit.

But yes Toddy, folk are beginning to realise wellies are for winners.

Liam

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Toddy agree with you re the seal pup's when i got home and was going through the pic's i said to the Boss(misses) that they reminded me of pup's,but without the ears!
Ive been trying to find out what went on down there, the other beach we (some of the guys off here) have been to had part of the rocks dynamited to form a harbour,and also a path was built during the Victorian day's down the cliff so that seaweed could be brought back up,this beach ive contacted the company that fitted the old pump house(still going) but the guy who got back to me could'nt find any of the old record's though he did say he'd look into it,the houses what's left of them look alot older than the hut that has the pumping equipment,as for the tunnel with the track's it looks like it has had a bit of referbishment done and its dated 81, though doesnt say weather 18 or 19- 81 i will let you know if i find out more.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
very nice spot Andy, wonderful pic's.....

just for intrest, could those sheds have been for life boats with a ramp like that with runners, just a thought...:)

must get myself up to Scotland some point soon...

many thanks Andy...

regards.

chris.

Awesome post Andy, some beautiful photos. I love looking at environments from far away where there are things I've not seen in person. It was like a little vacation, thanks for sharing!

Oh, and I'm with Rich, all of my long posts are written up in word, some I work on a little at the time for a few days before I post them. Word is awesome, and Open Office is a free down load if you don't have MS Office

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Gaz, not to sure yet when im back out,though i am now free most weekends,so sometime in early new year hopefully,will keep you posted.
Lannyman, I f your ever up for a trip up here,maybe worth contacting Minstrel see if you can sort something,
The only problem with this new beach is as of yet ive not found any place to park,ive had to be dropped off it really is out of the way,but am still looking.
Mistwalker,glad you liked,that's 3 people who have now advised to use word for my post's but im sort of usless on pc's and to stuborn to learn-well maybe a bit thick as well! I was gutted though as my original post had lots of info provided by my brother regarding all the marine life.

I thought maybe a boat or something similar could be kept in the tunnel but im airing more towards it and the track being used for loading/unloading things,mainly due to the track that its on being very narrow,and also unlike a trains rail its more like a u shape runner and we noticed it was full up with pebbles,it would'nt have been very efficent to have to go out and clean that prior to launching your life boat etc,and if you didnt it could come off the runner/trailer,just my thoughts.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE