BCUK ventile jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DAN

Banned
Jun 23, 2008
exmoor
ON a closer look at the jacket i have noticed one or two flaws . So can anyone else see what they might be as well ?

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
3 posts and you bought a jacket already :eek: thats bloody good going Tony ever thought of selling cars, id give you a job as my head of marketing ;) :cool: If ones Wallensteins is the other one that it hasnt been touched by Mors K ?:naughty:

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
3 posts and you bought a jacket already :eek: thats bloody good going Tony ever thought of selling cars, id give you a job as my head of marketing ;) :cool: If ones Wallensteins is the other one that it hasnt been touched by Mors K ?:naughty:

excellent point there paganwolf, and Tony if the car selling does not work out, Ive heard that the Eskimos are needing some ice.

3 posts in and I was definitely still bedding in - calling round to borrow a cup of milk so to speak.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No I can`t think what they might be, maybe at 01:55 in the morning most things are flawed.

Also there`s always the bespoke option (without any flaws) for £20 extra.

Rich

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I recently acquired one for myself and I'm very happy with it even though I've only got a few posts to my name (not sure what that has to do with anything as I like to soak up as much as I can from the site but don't feel like I've got much knowledge to offer).

I think the coat is fantastic, I've never experienced anything nearly as breathable and I've had a few goretex jackets. When everyone else is sweating and stripping down their layers, I am perfectly comfortable. I've been in some heavy rain in it and stayed bone dry. When I've been in rain in goretex I find it can't cope with the outside of the coat being chilled by rain while the inside is warm resulting in a clammy layer of condensation inside. The only thing that bothers me is the huge collar but then I love the huge hood and the hood fits in the collar lol.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I think its more to do with the fact that if there a few posts next to you name then people know who you are and what you've been upto so its then easier to get away with a little comment like the one above.

I also assume that a lot of work went into the commissioning and supplying of the jacket so leaving an question fishing like that for something that is an expensive bit of kit that a lot of people have dedicated time to just isn't too helpful either.

off to get more coffee now.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I think its more to do with the fact that if there a few posts next to you name then people know who you are and what you've been upto so its then easier to get away with a little comment like the one above.

I also assume that a lot of work went into the commissioning and supplying of the jacket so leaving an question fishing like that for something that is an expensive bit of kit that a lot of people have dedicated time to just isn't too helpful either.

I agree, it's obvious a lot of thought has gone into making a quality jacket at a very reasonable price compared to other products out there. I also had excellent service from BCUK's online shop. Asking people to come up with ways to point out any negatives they personally have found is probably not the nicest thing to do. My 'negative' point about the collar is just my personal opinion and as i said I love the hood that fits in it so I wouldn't change it away!

sparksfly

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
London
I also have one of these jackets, and I'm also very happy with it. I bought it before I had made any posts. I had been registered for a few months and regularly reading the forum - my settling in period. I also attended the Bushmoot before making any posts.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I think all that was meant by the number of posts thing was that it's unusual for a new member to come along and make what could be quite a controversial post. I've seen it on BB. I've seen it on other forums I use. Most of the time (maybe not this time, we'll have to see), it's someone with an agenda or a troll.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
ON a closer look at the jacket i have noticed one or two flaws . So can anyone else see what they might be as well ?

Ooohhhh you tease! I have to admit that I have found mine to be the mutts nutts, although at 12.55 am the only flaws I can spot are on the inside of my duvet. Go on then, do tell! (I would warn you that Tony's Solicitors are now present though.......)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Can't understand what could be wrong with the BcUK ventile. I have the Airedale which is what the BcUK ventile is based on. The BcUK jacket has a bit of a better hood iIMO as it is wired and a bit bigger. It also has a double layer over the shoulders, but the Airedlae has a few things which I like better. Horses for courses. If you sign up to be a full member, I'm sure Tony will allow you to sell your ventile jacket on if you don't like it that much!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Snugpak elite pile shirt ....Just a little word on my thoughts about my elite pile shirt that i have owned for over a year , fantastic garment , cheap at £55.00 from bearclaw bushcraft . It is warm and waterproof . I have been up all the lakeland fells in it and its kept me dry and warm yet by using the zip vents i dont get too hot or sweaty either . So it has withstood the cold ,the wet ,the wind and snow and all i wear underneeth it is either a t-shirt or a helly hansen dry top . And as mentioned before cheap real cheap about half the price of a buffalo.

Maybe one of them is that it's not stocked by Gary....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE