Basic Meds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Any pillbox where you have loose pills rattling around, out of their original sterile sealed blister, is not a good idea. I wouldn't unless they're just for using pretty much in the next 24 hours.

If it's a 'just in case' pack, then keep them in their original blister packaging. Even if you've to cut a piece off....like half a dozen pills instead of 48 on the card.....just make sure you label them clearly.

It's two things really; keeping them clean and unadulterated/decomposed, and making sure you don't mix them up with something else.

My anti-histamines are a case in point; I don't want to mix up the drowsy ones with the safe to drive afterwards, others.

Same with pain pills vs antacids.

Reactions: Pattree and gg012

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
For general pain/cold/flu, Alka Seltzer XS (aspirin 267mg, paracetamol 133mg and caffeine 40mg per tab) effervesent tablets come as a box of sachets, with two tablets per sachet that's smaller than a credit card and about 3 cards thick.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just go and ask your local chemist. They make up packs of pills for elderly and housebound folks. Weekly or monthly cold seal blister packs, iirc.

Just been googling.
Try 'cold seal medication blister packs'.

or there are things like this....

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
I have a limited selection, useful to me:

- Anti-histamine (loratadine non-drowsy, taken daily) in blister pack
- Loperamide (non-branded imodium- emergency use) in blister pack
- Couple of paracetamol in blister pack
- small tin Sudocrem
- small bar pine tar soap
- tea tree oil cream (non-mineral oil type) in tube

That's about it although if I'm out for a few days I might add my comfrey/arnica gel which is excellent for aches and pains.

Also like to have some chamomile teabags around.

GC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE