Basic Meds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What basic Meds do people keep in their Medical kit for everyday travel.
Nothing major - just day to day nonsense boo-boo's

Anti Histamine
Ibruprofen
Antidiarrheals
Aspirin

What else?

Reactions: Souledman

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
You carry that for everyday (work and shopping etc) - rather than going out away from ‘civilisation’ - walking, Bushcraft stuff?

I guess for clarification I mean , what basic meds do people keep in their day pack that isn't in preparation for a special expedition.

We all tend to keep a few things in the top flap or side pocket that doesn't get changed out that often. Just for mincing around the forest and not part of a major bleeds & burns kit.

Reactions: nigelp

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I guess for clarification I mean , what basic meds do people keep in their day pack that isn't in preparation for a special expedition.

We all tend to keep a few things in the top flap or side pocket that doesn't get changed out that often. Just for mincing around the forest and not part of a major bleeds & burns kit.
Oh in that case, a couple of cans of Special Brew saves the need to carry painkillers. :)

Sensible head on, dispersible aspirin, antacid or Omeprazole type stuff, antihistimine (preferably Chlorphenamine based like Piriton), anti-diarrhoea off brand Imodium dispersible.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Yep all of those, only a single aspirin though, for heart attack victim packed with a small card listing who NOT to give to.

Also glucogel, if that’s considered a drug.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yep all of those, only a single aspirin though, for heart attack victim packed with a small card listing who NOT to give to.

Also glucogel, if that’s considered a drug.

Glucogel is kinda pricey considering what it is isn't it?

Is is easier to absorb than standard dextrose tablets?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
My personal kit so I always carry Px strength Co-codamol 500/30 and my other meds. Can't take ibuprofen as it's not good with my hypertension meds.

I also carry Rennies spearmint flavour because normal ones taste like chalk.

Reactions: Bishop and TeeDee

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Aspirin and Ibuprofen should not be combined.
Whereas you can intersperse Paracetamol and Ibuprofen so both of those are good.

If you are going to pack antihistamine then pack Piriton that you can only get from a pharmacy. Nothing else is as effective on dealing with inflammation caused by stings.

Best
Countryman (Wilderness First Aider)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wookii and TeeDee

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Paracetamol
Ibuprofen

Did try to combine them with just Nuromol earlier this year, but none of the pharmacies I went to had it stocked.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE