barefoot boots/shoes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Thought about these? LINK

gostpaleobarefoots.jpg

Ah yes, chainmale footwear, unfortunately they don't do any for females! ;)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Are you familiar with the principle of Earthing? I think I have already mentioned it to you but it is gaining ground as it were!!! There is lots of info on Youtube and Clint Ober's book is very good and cheap too, I highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OclGGH0EKhc

This is very much related to natural footwear and getting back to nature with a natural electrical connection to the Earth through our feet. That chain mail is the ultimate in Earthing footwear I should think.

Phil

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Barefoot around the woods can be risky - I got a 10mm thorn stuck in my foot for a week at one point. I thought the little black mark in the hole was clotted blood - turned out to be the end of the thorn. Ouchy.

I'm not sure that means 'risky'. I think it shows how tough feet can be. I don't think I ever went a week with a thorn but I've certainly been running, wondered what the 'lump' feeling in one foot was then got home and dug out chunks of glass (no blood, glass hadn't made its way through the callous).

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Just knocked my first pair up. I like the feel. Need.to make some adjustments for the next pair though.
yqu9eja3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
So I was browsing this thread yesterday as barefoot is something i'm keen to play with. I've straight barefoot run (total no shoes) on the roads a few times before the missus told me off, saying she didn't want people seeing me like that (not the actual words. :rolleyes: )

Anyhow, so after reading through the thread and seeing the stuff on Huaraches, I was walking round the back of work and spotted a pair of these tyres:

I think they could work for Huaraches so I have started slicing up this morning. :D

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Give me ten minutes to wake up properly Stew and I'll post a few comments on my experience and mistakes....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE