Low volume safety boots??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I wear safety boots at work and they're in need of replacement. Work buys cheap and nasty boots or give you an allowance of up to £25 to get your own. Either way every safety boots I've had can't tighten up enough to grip my foot without 3 or more footbeds in them. Length is spot on, couldn't be any smaller, but they're just so high volume. Brands like Dickie's for example.

I can't be the only one with this problem. In outdoor boots and shoes I'm not difficult to buy for but with safety footwear they seem to only cater for people with double X width boots. Seriously, laces simply pull the two flaps together and still aren't tight enough.

Are there any normal volume shoes or boots with full safety boot rating (as in not fat footed like commonly found ones) that aren't really expensive? Am I going to break the £25 budget many, many times over to get something that actually fits me? I've seriously got normal sized feet if slightly narrow. Possibly more Italian foot size and shape than traditionally wide British foot shape. Certainly not uncommon foot size and shape by any stretch.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I only get Steel Blue safety boots now for work. They're expensive, about £90 but the pair I have at the moment are about four years old and still going strong. Friends who have bought de Walt seem to be lucky to get six months out of them. The way i look at it is they are probably the boots i wear most often so I want them to be comfy a good quality.

Sent from Somerset using magic

Reactions: Mowmow

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Stuco Hiking Pro high black S3

It is pretty narrow.
Made in an outstanding build quality.

My brother doesn't look after them, uses them all the year round in mud and dirt on his farm, and they are still good after 2 years.

Compared with similar made hiking boots they are a very cheap offer.
He payed 100 € for the ankle boots.

They are leather lined with Vibram sole!
When I first had seen them I asked him why he had bought a second pair of hiking boots.

Unfortunately they are too narrow for me.

Last edited:

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've got cheap pair costing IIRC£16 6 or 7 years ago. They've never fitted me properly but the stitching had gone and about a year or so ago they simply seemed to stretch around the foot so my foot is completely free to move within the boot. Or rather the boot can move around my foot as I stumble.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Lancaster based so no good store for safety kit? There is one safety retailer for v trade but our company won't deal as they're overpriced. Online purchases only and return if no good. Any places with free returns??

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'm probably going to visit screwfix as the only nearby place with stock. Mind you looking at their website you do not get a clear idea which are suitable for narrow feet. Usually safety boots come in standard or wide fit. Standard is wide fit for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE