Back Quiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
I am just getting into archery and decided to make a back quiver. Its not great but it was free:D

Materials used.....

Bit of plastic pipe
Leg off old camo waterproof trousers
Some scrap leather
Wooden plug for the bottom (with a piece of leather on it in the inside to quieten the arrow going in)
Some leather thonging
Eagle horn necker from our very own Cap'n Badger (thanks mate)
And some impact adhesive (horrible stuff)
Some paracord
And lastly an old belt for the shoulder strap

Heres a couple of pics

IMGP2489.JPG

IMGP2490.JPG

Thanks for looking..........Ian

Grayfox

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
North West Lancashire
Hmm. Very nice piece of work but I have to say that from my own experience a back quiver is a right royal pain in the ****.

If you bend down or run the shafts fall out, if you're in trees the fletchings get caught on branches, and often damaged, if you have less than perfect mobility in your shoulder you can't get the buggers out.

The only people I have ever seen using them successfully have been actors in television series.

In the old days they were generally carried in bundles on the hip and if not required immediately carried in spacers to protect the fletchings.

Side quiver for me every time.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
If there is an issue with arrers falling out, could you make a baffle of some sort with two half circles of neoprene? They meet in the middle and grip the arrows, but allows easy withdrawal through the gap the two half circles have made, it would also stop them rattling about.

Looks like a well made bit of kit to me though, you should be justifiably proud.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Nice quiver fella!

Regarding arrows falling from a back quiver when bending over. I've been considering making a back quiver myself, watch this space for pics when finished, and think I might try a magnet and metal plate at the bottom of the quiver to hopefully retain the arrows when not vertical. Clearly this is 'back of a fag packet' design at the moment, but I'm sick of my side quiver flapping around my leg when walking and generations of First Nation Americans can't be that wrong, can they.

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
Very nice job!! Well done!
Looks like the Wilderness outfitters Wilderness quiver. Did you follow this or just coincidence? Saw an instructional vid on youtube. Very sturdy design. I was thinking of making one, maybe using some sheep skin to soften the botton and around the top to lessen the rattle.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice quiver fella!

Regarding arrows falling from a back quiver when bending over. I've been considering making a back quiver myself, watch this space for pics when finished, and think I might try a magnet and metal plate at the bottom of the quiver to hopefully retain the arrows when not vertical. Clearly this is 'back of a fag packet' design at the moment, but I'm sick of my side quiver flapping around my leg when walking and generations of First Nation Americans can't be that wrong, can they.

Magnet is a good idea goodjob i have a few old hard drives that should do it.
Nice quiver by the way.

stuartmac5

Oct 14, 2006
southampton, uk
that's a nice looking quiver, I use a back quiver and never had many problems with arrows falling out, a nice neodimium magnet glued in the bottom will sort that out tho. Biggest issue for me is getting them back in and yours has a narrow neck, that may prove a bit difficult as it it is over your shoulder and trying to put a half dozen arrows in at a time might be hard:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE