Leather Stone-Age Boat Project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wow,

Now that's a report and a half. Great project, fantastic work, stunning pictures and what a trip. Great reading Hamish, would almost tempt me over my natural dislike of being out at sea in small craft.

Keep it coming mate.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Incredible. Thanks for posting, That was a realy interesting read.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it.

You were born in the wrong time period.
Please find your time machine immediately. :viking:

Ste

rlh2

Jan 8, 2013
Texas, USA
I really can't put into words what I'm feeling right now. This was absolutely one of the most interesting things I've seen on the web in a long, long time. How spiritual this must have been! God bless.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
(Id love to go out in a curragh, me and my affinity to the Age of Saints and all...)

If you are ever in West Cornwall it could be arranged, certainly a trip in a skin Boyne currach/coracle.
Sadly, an eighteen foot double-ended canvas covered currach was wrecked on a beach in the winter storms but there are Sheephaven style ones around Falmouth.
4578056898_288x216.jpg

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Incredible. Thanks for posting, That was a realy interesting read.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it.

You were born in the wrong time period.
Please find your time machine immediately. :viking:

Ste

haha thanks mate, just moved to a new farm yesterday and the neighbors are working on a viking ship! I have been invited out to go see it and possibly help. seems like the right place for me! ;)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Epic trip. That must have been incredibly satisfying, making and using well done. Great clothes by the way I liked your shirt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE