At last!!!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've just had a call from the hospital asking me to be there tomorrow midday, in order to have my long-awaited knee replacement procedure. This after six cancellations in the last few weeks and a very long wait indeed before then, eight years would you believe!

Anyway, I've posted this in case there's any unfinished business with members here, apologies in advance; I'll have the "Talking Handbag" with me, so I'll be keeping up to date during my recovery, and I'll respond to anything needed in a couple of days :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good luck mate, I hope it all goes swimmingly. (Had my hip done last year and one of the best things ever. Stay well and heal fast - plus let us know how it all goes.

All the best,
\gb.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Knee replacement is a refined op nowadays, I know someone who has same knee replaced twice and is about to have the other leg given it's second new joint, parts wear out unfortunately.

You will be up and about in no time, literally.

I cannot believe you have waited so long, here in central scottyland the wait time is just a few months, your MP needs a jolt mate.

Anyways, speedy recovery, pics of pretty nurses please, although you won't be able to catch them for the first few days :p

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Heal fast Mac, we need you back. Shout if you need restorative food and drink my friend.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Thanks all for the good wishes, after the long wait any outcome will be a doddle.........I'll be back as BcUK's five-dollar man! :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm back home tonight with a big steak inside me and best of all, the little dog back in her favourite place; beside me as I write this, asleep on my good leg with her tail going like only a Springer's can!

I had a complete new knee joint fitted last Thursday and it's taken 'till today to recover enough to persuade all those involved medically that I'm mobile enough to be safe at home with Molly to get on with the recovery process. I've been assured that my potential outcome is extremely favourable and this obviously makes me very happy; I'm still a bit dazed and confused by all the drugs and treatments of the past few days so I'll write a little more at a later date. Thank you to those who've been in touch with good wishes, again I'll respond with a clear head :)

I've read here a few times of people here who are waiting for/considering this procedure and I'd be very willing to carify or explain what I can if anybody feels the need for such. This has been a long journey for me and I've had to learn a great deal, so if this can be of any help please don't hesitate to post or get in touch............Atb, mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE