Ash and antler hiking staff (pic heavy)

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
ash and antler 001.jpgash and antler 007.jpgash and antler 009.jpgash and antler 002.jpgash and antler 003.jpgash and antler 004.jpgash and antler 005.jpgash and antler 006.jpg

Here's my latest hiking staff, it's made from ash (with a honeysuckle twist) and fallow deer antler. The carving in the antler inlays are from a viking compass .The writing below the twist is in a version of the futhark (viking alphabet) and when translated reads " all walking is discovery on foot we take time to see things whole". So far it has had two different colour stains applied to it and one coat of a clear matt varnish i am going to give it at least one more coat of varnish, fit a brass ferrule and then it's ready to go. Hope you like it.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Thanks for the compliments lads i really appreciate them. It was made for myself but as i've got a few around the house now, and for the sake of my marriage i think i may have to find this and a few others good homes.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Andy. If you didn't say what the runes meant I would have thought it was there to ward off any evil! Looks great...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE