Article on hammocks aiding sleep.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
everyone laughed at me at work when I said it was a great way to sleep. Now it's official they all want to try it. Already seen some of them looking up fancy designer ones. I hope the bushy ones don't go up in price 'cos it's the latest fad

Jun 20, 2011
Sweden
www.varavild.se
Hammocks are the best! We are dealer for ddhammocks here in Sweden and more and more people are buying them. Personally I have not the best back in the world but I never have problems sleeping in a hammock. Of course locally there is an issue that it can get a bit cold but that can be solved for at least late spring and autumn.

l3wis2000

Jun 2, 2011
Inverclyde
I can't believe i just read an article with "polysomnography and electroencephalogram" included in the text, just because someone mentioned the word hammock.

I need to rethink my priorities.

Hammocks are great though eh?

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
haha laro13 i was thinking the same thing i suffer from bad insomnia so i am going to try a hammock..see if i get a better nights sleep...atb Allan

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
After a quick look I feel that they did not actually test hammocks, but a hammock like bed. The fact that sleep onset was more rapid does not in itself argue for better sleep, and the only thing they studied was short naps, not a full nights sleep.

One thing I dislike about my Hennesy is that is makes it hard to move around in your sleep (just like the waterbeds are reputed to do). The "rocking bed" in the experient did not have this effect, and the short duration masked it anyway.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE