Article: Epic Journey - Southampton to South Africa by bicycle...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dinga

Jul 21, 2015
Southampton
Cool trip!

Turkana is bandit country, hope you avoided any close encounters?!

I did indeed. A few meetings with tribes with AK47's wanting my water, a helpful pat on the back from a Kenyan Truck which resulted in a shattered collarbone and a couple of face-offs with some Elephants to name a few!

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I am writing a book as we speak so there is still lots more to come!

Dinga

Jul 21, 2015
Southampton
Thanks for the great comments guys. I'm currently writing a book which will be hopefully out before Christmas but willing to do talks at clubs/schools/colleges in the Hampshire area

Outstanding! I'm envious of your epic trip! I am trying to see as much of the USA as I can (on the Bucket list is a thru hike of the A/T next year) but the bicycle tour of the UK and Europe as you described it is off the charts!! I spent a summer exploring the UK and Europe many years ago before joining the Army and also had great experiences with UK troops in the service. Thanks for the post!! Lew

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Great read, do you have a website or bloggy type thing as would love a bit more indepth and any extra pictures to drool over. well done a great adventure- what next though?

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Wow truly impressive - nothing like en par but I motorcycled around South Africa/Namibia/Botswana about 6 years ago on my own and the memories are some of the best I have at the grand age of 51 lol. You have just inspired me to go and try something very soon and was thinking of the west highland way. Thanks again - looking forward to reading the book!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE