Article: Brazilian Tarp Hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Considering that they're recycled truck tarps, I'd imagine they're probably in pieces when they get them.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
I dyed mine brown as I found the colour too light. The result did show up a little glue here and there but nothing to bad. It would be nice if you could buy them in brown or olive colours but otherwise it's a great hat.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I dyed mine brown as I found the colour too light. The result did show up a little glue here and there but nothing to bad. It would be nice if you could buy them in brown or olive colours but otherwise it's a great hat.

???? Mine is a faded olive. Or rather it was. I've sent it bck for replacement as it was too big. I thought that was the only color they came in?

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
They are treating them with some dr Martin product over in the us that turns them brown there is a thread about them on bushcraft USA

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I have ordered that baseball cap. Will let you no what that is like tone, when it comes, can't wait, as at the north wood meet, last one, I had a few to many sherbets, as it was the farms 100 year anerversary, and lost me fast wicking Henri lloyd cap, and this should replace that perfectly.
thanks for letting us no about this mate.
take care.
lee.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
They are treating them with some dr Martin product over in the us that turns them brown there is a thread about them on bushcraft USA

Yes I've seen the thread but I thought it was the individual buyers treating them? Mine was untreated and a faded OD. I'll have to check the new one when it arrives.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Just got my replacement in yesterday. It's an OD faded to a mottled greenish brown. Loving it so far.

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
Mine arrived today (birthday pressie from the wife) It's a sort of faded mottled brown sandy sort of colour. No patches or writing on it. Nice looking hat, and more importantly a nice comfy fit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE