Arrow through a ring

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Was looking through some old photographs on the pooter and rediscovered this photo from a while back, the classic puzzle of the arrow though a ring.

DSCN5909 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

The rings are the circles created from a hole saw, the "arrows" pieces of Hazel that i whittled down and are in one piece, iirc i gave these away at one of the local shows i did, always good fun watching people trying to figure out how its done.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
No idea how these are done. Please post a how-to and I promise I will keep it a secret :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
No idea how these are done. Please post a how-to and I promise I will keep it a secret :)

To get the arrow through, you place it in hot water for a little while, then compress it in a vice or clamp until dry, then push it though the hole and put the end back into some hot water where it expands again making it impossible to get out.

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
They look the business as ever. I’ve been meaning to have a go at these (along with a heap of other things) since reading “Classic Whittling”by Rick Wiebe (I’m pretty sure I’ve got his name wrong but hey ho).
Again great work, I enjoy seeing your creations :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
They look the business as ever. I’ve been meaning to have a go at these (along with a heap of other things) since reading “Classic Whittling”by Rick Wiebe (I’m pretty sure I’ve got his name wrong but hey ho).
Again great work, I enjoy seeing your creations :)

Thanks mate, just trying to keep myself occupied and rebuild the ol'd strength and dexterity

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE