Arktis Allen Belt Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Afternoon all

I've been sat here looking out the window hard at work :lol: wishing I was out in the sun having a wander round for a few hours. I was just wondering what I'd carry and think my 35l pack would be over-the-top as would the belt/ yoke/ ammo pouches combo that I often use for 24hr trips. Looking at the Arktis website I saw they do an Allen Belt kit which looks the ticket - does anyone have one of these or recommend them? How much are they and where from?

http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/Products/1771_Allenbeltkit.htm

Cheers v much
Nick

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
They're a great bit of kit and carry a lot of gear for the size/space.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
they are a simple and stright forward design and provided the build quality has remained unchanged since i last used one (a good few year ago now) I recommend them

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
As much as I like Arktis stuff, am a little put off with the DPM look.

I have a North Face Mountain Bike Lumbar bag - sort of a bum bag thing.

Its black and can hold 6 litres, also has two outside pouches for water bottles. I find 6 litres is fine for a day out, can hold a waterproof, knife & even a little food with hexi stove.

J

Jamie

Hey Nigel

DPM isnt the only stuff by the looks of it, theres black and olve too

J

jimfs1

NickBristol said:
Afternoon all

I've been sat here looking out the window hard at work :lol: wishing I was out in the sun having a wander round for a few hours. I was just wondering what I'd carry and think my 35l pack would be over-the-top as would the belt/ yoke/ ammo pouches combo that I often use for 24hr trips. Looking at the Arktis website I saw they do an Allen Belt kit which looks the ticket - does anyone have one of these or recommend them? How much are they and where from?

http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/Products/1771_Allenbeltkit.htm

Cheers v much
Nick
Nick,
As I am very sad I just happen to have the 2002 price list in my desk at work, and the are 37 quid, so you can reckon on about 40/45 quid nowadays.
You can buy them direct from Arktis or from Penrith survival.
Sad I know.
jim :-D

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
cheers for the advice everyone, seriously considering one for the odd day out or for leaving in the boot of the car. Nothing sad about knowing the prices of stuff, tho if you had to get the price list out of a frame that was mounted on your office wall then that would be a different matter... :lol:

On a side point, the belt / yoke / pouches combo I have is in faded DPM but I covered about a third of each pouch (ammo, H20 bottle holder & utility) with Scotchbrite tape. Looks much more civvy and helps with not being flattened by cars when out at night, tho once the headlights have passed it goes back to being pretty invisible. Would probably do the same for the Allen belt even in black.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
£45 from Penrith, I think Woodland organics do em for under £40 - worth a try.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i'll second the vote forthe northface bumbag,the pockets are justbig enough to fit a titianium mug :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers,and.

ANDGRIN

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol
I bought one several years ago in olive colour but slightly different to the current model (velcro on three centre pouches and snaplocks on the two larger pouches). I only used it once outdoors and have since stayed with a Karrimor Mountain Crag daysack. let me know if you would like it. £20 ONO :?:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE