Are you wearing yours yet ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yes - let Chips hold his personal opinions and voice them!
Good men died for him to have the right to do that - if we do not respect Chips right to free speach, we ignore what that sacrifice was all about.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Hang on folks, it's not 'have a go at Chips day'. If that's what the guy believes then let him believe it.
I wonder though if Chips has any ancestors or relatives that served in any past wars. Napoleonic, 1st, second. (even if you have never met them because they perished before you were born) There's a good probability that you do mate. (Scotland has a long proud tradition of very good infantry regiments. Kings own Scottish, Black watch, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders to name just a few) IF there's a place we go, after we are gone, and we meet up with our dead ancestors you'll get the opportunity to tell your ancestors your ungrateful views. I hope that you'll have a long healthy life, and free from any conflict, and when your time comes, maybe you'll have realised that thanks to ALL our ancestors and bretheren still alive and fighting still. (to preserve our freedom). You may find a moment to thank them for giving their lives, to help ensure you could have a long and pleasent one.

Too right I'll be wearing my poppy. I already am, and will be attending the rememberance day service in St Giles, Oxford on rememberance sunday as I always do.

God bless every last one of them past and present.

Oh, and chips (not having a go here but) if our soldiers hadn't volunteered to fight for our freedom in world war 1 and world war 2, you may have a username of 'pommes frites' now, which is a French word to describe the 'cut' of a potato chip, adopted into the German language.
...........................I'd be 'regen am fallen'

luddy

Oct 27, 2008
SW
I am wearing my poppy with pride. There have been times in my life when I wondered whether people should be remembered for fighting. Two years ago on Remembrance Sunday, one of the old chaps in our church stood at the pulpit and read a short lesson. His chest was covered with medals, but his face was haunted. He lost many friends and comrades during WW2, and suffered as a POW in a Japanese camp. He doesn't doubt that Remembrance Sunday is a good thing, he has no doubts about the work the Legion does. He was there. If he remembers, then so should I.

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
No, I wont be wearing one.

Why should I support someone who does a job, gets paid, and knows the risks? There are plenty of people doing dangerous jobs who don't get the same sympathy from the public.

Now, volunteers/conscripts, that would be a different matter. But most of the guys conscripted are now dead, so it's just guys in it for a job and money now.

I have more feelings for someone like the mountain rescue or the lifeboats, volunteers.

You are an A R S E !

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Before this thread get closed, I'll say I'll wear a poppy. I have had family members kiled in WW2. And whatever the politics of why wars start, the men and women who fight and die in them should be respected. The families that remain deserve to be helped and supported. They did not choose to have their father, child, mother killed on behalf of the countries for which they faught.

Chips

Banned
Oct 7, 2008
scotland
Oh, and chips (not having a go here but) if our soldiers hadn't volunteered to fight for our freedom in world war 1 and world war 2, you may have a username of 'pommes frites' now, which is a French word to describe the 'cut' of a potato chip, adopted into the German language.
...........................I'd be 'regen am fallen'

Falling rain, I do not mind you trying to convince me otherwise. You have the right to free speech as well to try and convince me to hold your opinions. I know you aren't having a go.

It's just folk like Steve that are laughable, personal insults are no good.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Damn right I will !!!!!! All the fallen - past, present and future deserve our thoughts at this time (if not all the time!)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I may not - I always lose the chuffing things. Always a good reason to buy another of course but I have a cunning plan to resolve it too :D

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
As cunning as a fox that has just been appointed as professor of cunning at Oxford university?

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I'll wear one. I will also go to the pub after the parade at the cenotaph, drink much too much beer and carry on until the nightclubs close. As per every year (that I'm not working).

If others choose not to, it's fine by me.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
No not yet, I normally get mine the week before, then replace it before the parade.

I've always found it most distasteful, to have to curb the urge to let fly, at people who rubbish the efforts and memory of our servicemen and women. I haven't always been able to do so.

I've said this before and unfortunately, will almost certainly be forced by absolute outrage, to say it again in future but;

These men and women put themselves in harms way, so that we and more importantly; YOU don't have to.

So, to those who think it's clever to constantly exercise their right to free speech, just think about how and why, you still have that right and just for once in your lives; show some respect for those who won you that right.
Sincerely
R.B.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
If you're worried about losing them, you can txt POPPY to 80848, 90p goes to the British Legion and you get a natty picture of a poppy the backdrop on your phone.

Matt

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you're worried about losing them, you can txt POPPY to 80848, 90p goes to the British Legion and you get a natty picture of a poppy the backdrop on your phone.

Matt
Genius - nice one - no excuse now - till I lose my mobile - again :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE