Are you a Swiss Army Knife owner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you own (or have you owned) a SAK?

• Total voters

giz

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
devon
yes i have owned a couple of swiss army knives
but like some have said i stopped after quite badly cutting myself when the blade folded in on my finger cutting it back to the bone i now carry a leatherman surge when out and about which locks but have come a cropper a couple of times when at friends and didnt have a cork screw to open a bottle of wine lol.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
these saks are costing a fortune... so far i have a red alox farmer,camo huntsman and a black swiss champ. i don't like the standard red scales...

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
I just got this one, Wenger NewRanger 55
nr55m.jpg

I've got a Victorinox Picnicker. TBH it has everything I was looking for apart from the name!!

Picnicker - how wet is that??

but it does have a corkscrew and a 3.5" lock blade. It fits well in the hand and I'm suprised more people haven't admitted to having one :D

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Ooooh i love these long threads that go forever - tis what makes these forums great!
I must admit that i quite like the look of that Wenger NewRanger 55 to replace the workchamp i carry atm.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I've had a 'rucksack' for years now and it gets used for everything. I'd post pics but it's almost embarassing the state it's in now. The blade is scratched to hell and getting a bit banana shaped from sharpening it badly all the time, the screwdriver head wore away long ago, the saw is pretty blunt now and I've lost the toothpick :p

It's living out it's retirement years in the tool roll in the boot of the car now but still gets used a lot. It's been replaced by a Gerber recoil but I have been thinking of getting an Alox Farmer as long as the blade is under 3".

Improviser

Tenderfoot
Yep i own a Victorinox Fisherman of mid eighties vintage.

Its well scratched & worn looking,the blade tips have been reground (due to others using them as screwdrivers :( ) but still perfectly serviceable and solid with no play in pivots.Still has the spring in the scissors which is a common failure!

Must admit the recent models ive handled dont feel as good in the hand the plastic side slabs seem more brittle/harder somehow.

Only blade that lives in the van these days what with all the ****ty leglislation in this country...:rolleyes:

Even though i really like the SAK my leatherman wave is my most used folder as the pliers seem to come in for allsorts, more handy when out mountain biking as well.

Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
I have two victorinx knives one is the swiss army officers knife, the other is the alpiner knife, not too sure what is is called for the uk market but it is black and has a locking 4 inch blade, can opener, screwdriver, saw, corkscrew and gauge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE