Are you a doer or a donta

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you practise bushcraft or puffing up the pillows on ya sofa

• Yeah.....Im an Keen Bushcrafter, as often as poss

Votes: 74 24.7%
  • I do get out there when I can

Votes: 179 59.7%
  • Not often

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • Never...............But I like shinny things

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Never...............Bushcraft is a forum thing, in a comfy chair

Votes: 6 2.0%

• Total voters

Feral

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 7, 2006
Victoria
I get out everyday, but I am back to cook the families meal. I am unable to use my hands for more that 5 min an hour. So I main walk and harvest what I can find. I do like the shiney things but we are saving every cent to buy a bigger block ( looking at around 100 acres instead of the 3 acres we have now). Maybe my next round of surgery will enable me to use my hands a bit more.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Ditch Monkey said:
In my experience it's not just wives that are a problem. Attempts at the aquisition on females, even if only on a temporary basis, can be severely hindered by living in the woods.
Ok :yelrotflm

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Actually officially I am neither. I am a "thinker" and that is official.

A "doer" is one of 16 well described personality types. This is in the Meyers-Briggs or Kiersley personality types.

Take a look at:-
http://www.personalitypage.com

It isn't easy to work this out to start with but I have been using this stuff for years.

I am an "INTP" - the thinker. We tend to be a bit theoretical and scientific. Many tree surgeons have this personality type

"ESTP" is the doer.

I suspect that there are certain personality types on BCUK that are much more common here than in the general population. I have a feeling that each subforum might have its typical personality type.

Now for those of you that are keen on toys and gear - I would hazard a guess that many of you are ENTPs
It works on 4 axes -

I/E - Introversion/ Extroversion
S/N - Sensory / Intuition (taking the 2nd letter "n" as I is already taken)
F/T - Feeling/ Thinking
J/P - Judging/ Perceiving

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
good thread joker its interesting to see everyones view of bushcraft ranging from forum junkie to i was born with it in me blood .

i am one of the lucky people i live and work around the woods,I'm out in the woods every evening after work and camp out more weekends than not. it was said on a coarse i went on once that I WAS SUCKLED ON A WIESEL :werd:

i do like me knifes and have some nice kit.:why:

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
I've been doing hill walking, camping and mountaineering all of my adult life, but have only recently seen "the bushcraft light".
So, depending on how you see it, I've either been a do-er for many a years, or I'm a complete beginner.
Your pick.

/ Karl

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
I voted often as i can since I go and practice skills maybe 3 times a week, when i can be bothered i also try not to over do it because it can get boring when you only have a 1 mile area of wood to play with :( But i almost always go chill by a fire for an hour 5 times a week after i have been running No matter what weather :D

Boon

Oct 10, 2007
lincolnshire
You are a very lucky man BOD. I think we all would like to go out more. most of us like shiney things. at one time or another we all have to sit in the armchair and watch others do what we cant.

I am of to our local woods on Sat to teach a few things to my scouts, Have managed to pick a load of apples, pears and blackberrys which have been turned in to chutney and jam. took the dog for a walk this morning to locate a good spot to put my crayfish/eal net,

think the most inportant thing is do what you can when you can. be gratefull for what you have. it is a very short life and we only get to have a go at it once.

Boon

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I like most get out as much as i can, a few times a month for over nighters and out pretty much every day dog walking with a little tree, animal and plant ID. I would like to get out a lot more than that but financial/time constraints do not allow for more bushy time,,,

Thats and my missus`s constraints on me delicate bits when she catches me booking time off in the woods. :rolleyes:

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
Limited by family and work commitments mean that I only have limited time. (a wife and 21 month old toddler and an architectural business that fells like a monster that needs constant wrestling to keep it under control)

Most of my bushcraft takes the form of air rifle hunting and dog walks in the forest. I try to get out for a couple of trips a year in the hammock, I seem to spend most of my time sitting by the fire just chilling.

Not long (3 or 4 years) and the little monkey can come with me!

Stewey.:D

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
I get out when I can... when ever work and family commitments will allow...
Next year (2008) I won't be able to though... China has some funny rules about lone White guys running around in the woods with a map and compass... :rolleyes:
But I will be learning as much as I can about the local methods... :D

Cheers,

Karl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE