Are there any winter meets planned?

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
There's always snow somewhere, I managed to find some in Glencoe in June.

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
If anyone would like to hone their navigation skills I would be happy to provide a challenging weekend on Dartmoor. Nun's Cross Farm bunkhouse (an isolated abandoned farm house) would provide a good base for a weekend or perhaps a wild camp? I can include many archeological sites with a fairly well informed historical aspects of the moor.

Happy to arrange something. I normally charge for my courses, but to be honest I would rather just do this on a 'friends' basis, then I can relax and enjoy. (this is not a business 'plug')

DOes that float anyone's boat?

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Floats mine... Navigation (by compass at least) is not my strong point and Dartmoors a stunning place for it.

Cheers, al.

Excellent :D

Dartmoor is a great place to navigate. It provides a 360 arc of walking rather than following the beaten track. I can happily meet group needs and build in individual learning too :)

If we used Nun's Cross Farm there would be a charge for its use - but it isn't going to break the bank to be honest. We cant have fires on the moor but the old farmhouse is accessible by 4x4 so a fire box of some sort could be taken there to satisfy the 'flame folk'.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Sounds good to me. Hopefully others!

Happy to knock up something edible on the night if anything go's ahead. The colder the better for me- weather wise.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Excellent :D

Dartmoor is a great place to navigate. It provides a 360 arc of walking rather than following the beaten track. I can happily meet group needs and build in individual learning too :)

If we used Nun's Cross Farm there would be a charge for its use - but it isn't going to break the bank to be honest. We cant have fires on the moor but the old farmhouse is accessible by 4x4 so a fire box of some sort could be taken there to satisfy the 'flame folk'.

Right up my street too!
Put me down for it fella.
Good work.
Best.
Chris.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
If anyone would like to hone their navigation skills I would be happy to provide a challenging weekend on Dartmoor. Nun's Cross Farm bunkhouse (an isolated abandoned farm house) would provide a good base for a weekend or perhaps a wild camp? I can include many archeological sites with a fairly well informed historical aspects of the moor.

Happy to arrange something. I normally charge for my courses, but to be honest I would rather just do this on a 'friends' basis, then I can relax and enjoy. (this is not a business 'plug')

Its been ages since I was last down on Dartmoor, pencil me in too:)

Now THAT'S a plan. Cairngorms would be great for me.

Good stuff Nick, keep in touch about it :)

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham

If the dates work I would love to do this, not been to dartmoor

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
The Gorms are good for snow cover eg Coire Raibert is used by the Led groups. But they can be very busy and a bit of human waste about. I prefer lee slopes above the 1000m contour elsewhere. Lots of safe from avalanche spots in the Southern Highlands eg Ben Lawers Area.

I suppose 'hangers' can hang off some ice screws in a snowhole !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE