Winterizing the home.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
What is the feminine of “boi”? I know a couple of guys with Boi or Boy in their nicknames but never a girl’s equivalent.

Edited to add:
I’ve been called Boy in Norfolk but I’ve never been asked for a light!:(

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
What is the feminine of “boi”? I know a couple of guys with Boi or Boy in their nicknames but never a girl’s equivalent.

Edited to add:
I’ve been called Boy in Norfolk but I’ve never been asked for a light!:(
Maid is the female equivalent.
Boi (often pronounced Buy,) and Maid are both unmarried in its origional context.

Reactions: Pattree

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Zyder? Zummerzet? that's where I were born but left at 3 before the zyder rotted my teeth!!

At the time my Dad (from hampshire) worked with locals who took a liquid lunch at the nearest farm. There were a lot of farms to go at back then, not quite so many of late.

Chris

Life Member
Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
There was a farm near where I grew up where you could take any container and fill it with scrumpy for £5, as long as you could carry it. My mate once sat supping at his wellington boot full of cider as I drove us home.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I think my dad oncee told me about this old guy he worked with who drove to the farm at lunch, got out one of those ancient pottery containers, filled it up, drained it then drove back to work. They are not small containers for a lunch when it is your whole lunch!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE