Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looking nice there.... dwardo :)

No idea how this yew is going to turn out yet but it was gifted by a tree surgeon so have to try it. Usually its a case of cut 10, 8 maybe good, 5 look better later on and a few might make it. Trick is to make sure you have 5 times the wood you need and you may have enough to make some bows :)

I should shoot more listening to you lot.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Nice bits of wood dwardo, I saw you sold your other Yew bow also. Nice.
Ozzy and Stu, I am thinking of buying some points and other small bits from flybowshop.com if you fellas want to have a look and see what they have it may save postage if we go in together ? Let me know. Cheers

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Steve, OK will do Bud.. I am not at home tonight, and not got much time at lunch to have a look, when you ordering ?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Ooh, archers!

I have an Ash self bow that is something around 5-6' long. It's a ~35lb draw, and I most use it for shooting people...

Yes you read that right. It's my reenactment long bow. I use blunt tipped arrows, carefully aimed, and carefully drawn, to shoot consenting reenactors. Occasionally they shoot back too...

At the battle of Hastings 2012, a massed group of 100 plus archers waded onto the field (you can't call it marching when the mud is upto mid calf...).

Knock

Draw

Loose

The sky went black, as the massed volley took to the sky marking a perfect parabola onto the Saxon lines.

The Calvary charged between our ranks, the volleys flew out, and a few arrows returned, from the Saxons. To land among us in the mud.

There is an order every Archer waits for on the battle field.

"Loose at Will"

Tho at Hastings this tends to get the response "I thought he's on our side?"

100 Archers alter their aim, and concentrate their shafts upon the Banner of King Harold.

There is no over kill, only a shortage of arrows.

We wade off the battle field, promising to return with more shafts next year.

Julia

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ooh, archers!

I have an Ash self bow that is something around 5-6' long. It's a ~35lb draw, and I most use it for shooting people...

Yes you read that right. It's my reenactment long bow. I use blunt tipped arrows, carefully aimed, and carefully drawn, to shoot consenting reenactors. Occasionally they shoot back too...

At the battle of Hastings 2012, a massed group of 100 plus archers waded onto the field (you can't call it marching when the mud is upto mid calf...).

Knock

Draw

Loose

The sky went black, as the massed volley took to the sky marking a perfect parabola onto the Saxon lines.

The Calvary charged between our ranks, the volleys flew out, and a few arrows returned, from the Saxons. To land among us in the mud.

There is an order every Archer waits for on the battle field.

"Loose at Will"

Tho at Hastings this tends to get the response "I thought he's on our side?"

100 Archers alter their aim, and concentrate their shafts upon the Banner of King Harold.

There is no over kill, only a shortage of arrows.

We wade off the battle field, promising to return with more shafts next year.

Julia

That would be great to see..

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Yes ozzy or you can get the E Mag from the site itself. Great articles on bow, arrow and quiver making. Hunting stories with bows of wood.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Cool Stu, cheers.
I am not sure ozzy, handful of ideas, shoot in the back garden(short range), shoot at the in laws place who are away(short and long range at 3D's), go to the club and have a play...........there's a fourth but not sure if that will work.
What are you doing, want to play ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE