Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Will have a look see at the shoot, if you don't like the colour it's easy to change them. Each to their own, even if they are wrong.
I just replied to your Asbell post Stu

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Outstanding day of archery today with Ozzy and Stu at the club, for a club friendly shoot. Nice bow ozzy, the quiver you made looked good also. Stu cut those arrows down fella and see how you get on.
It is the oyster fayre in Colchester the beginning of next month, I hope it's not the same weekend as the Robin Hood shoot, I will check.
Stu if it isnt and i can go to the shoot would you like to use the lil'creep on that day instead of your bow? You are welcome to if you fancy it.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Yup a great day playing in the woods with the bow and arrows:)
need to make some new arrows though

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
The string I have ozzy is for a 58in bow so you should be good to go with using it. May need to be stretched before putting nocking points on the string.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have to agree a great day of archery... best score yet.. would have been in the medals if I had not have buggered up my arrow lenght...saying that they seemed to go well for the Cheap Pine Shafts :).. they wil be cutt down in the next few days... still nnot sure about white tho.. perhaps some fluffys so I can see them... :).

Yeah if you dont mind Steve it would be nice to use the lil'creep, it a loverly bow..:)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I think the chap in front of me had under 600 for the bronze, I had 580, if I hadn't had 4 blanks it could have been a different story for me too

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have spent an hour or so in the garden breaking in the new string Steve gave me this morning ( cheers mate :)), probably 3 or 4dzn arrows down and its stopped stretching, just got to find the best brace height and nocking point for it now and make some silencers as it is LOUD

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I know I could of done so much better, and lost a lot of points on the targets 12 to 2 target 20 the double one is what really killed me... untill I got used to the longer arrows.... I should of stayed up on Saturday night and cut the extra 1" or so off, once I relaised that I had rushed and just stuck them together....

Saying that I could of shoot with the six that I had in verious states of condition, but no doubt I would of ended up running out of arrows so best of a bad job... lets say that.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Sorry ozzy I was meant to have brought my arrow repair jig with me this morning also for you to try,D'oh.
No worries on the string Ozzy I hope it works for you.
That's the thing isn't it with archery, the if's and buts of scoring. If I had just got that one target instead of blanking on it I would have got a medal ect ect.
But like you said it was the best score you have got so far, so well done !!
If Stu and Ozzy had been in the primitive class and only scored on one target each one getting a 4 score and the other 8, you would both of still got a medal.............just saying.......hehehe

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Very true Steve..

but do you really want to shoot in a class just to win medals with no meaning.... to me thats a hollow achievement..

I was happy with jsut lossing tips, and no broken arrows.. thats a challenge for me , lol

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
No Stu I would like to shoot my best in whatever class I was in, I didn't think I shot very well on sunday but still came away with 700 and the silver medal, with a bow I have used very little. I look wardward to seeing how I will get on with it as I use it more often.
You seem to agree with me that it's not the medals that count in a shoot but the laughs and great setup of the course that really makes archery a great sport.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Oh deff mate, I have a great time with you guys, and enjoy the challenge of beating my score as i improve, and of course trying to get over what Mr Neary throws at us..lol

your score's great mate, always got to do your best you can.. its just some days better then others, lol

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Whilst you archers are out having fun we bowyers are upto our armpits in wood shavings...

20140512_202523_zps89jnl87y.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE