Anyone use "Transferwise" bank transfer service?

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Does anyone have any experience of using Transferwise for international money transfers between personal accounts? Because US banks are behind the times in credit/debit cards they don't use chip and pin technology and therefore my US cards don't work over here.

I have a UK account to pay bills and such but my US bank is, well......AS THICK AS TWO SHORT PLANKS!! when it comes to international transfers, they almost gave $5000 to a total stranger :yikes::aargh4: luckily I spotted the error before I signed off on the transfer.

I see Transferwise has good reviews but was wondering if anyone has personal experience.

Thanks guys,
Malc.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Sorry no but, and I have no idea just spit balling, would PayPal not do it, at least then your protected as well, sorry just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I use xendpay for transfers although they are all to European accounts. I've never had a problem very good service. In addition you choose what fee you pay. Worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Thanks, a couple of good ideas there. Much appreciated.

Update.

I used Transferwise for $500 just to see if it worked and taking into consideration the holidays it was processed in about 6 working days. Not too bad and I got a first transfer for free.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE