Canadian canoe expedition 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Are there any more people interested in this trip, but holding out until nearer the cut off point to confirm with deposits...???

Just so there is an indication of whether the trip will go ahead or not, otherwise I guess I'll need to start making arrangements to take the Jeep across Corsica or the Pyrenees for a couple of weeks later in the year.

Cheers

That sounds good - perhaps you could do with a co-driver/bag-carrier/someone to help pay the diesel bills?

clubduvet

Jan 3, 2010
Silsoe
www.addimpact.co.uk
@hertsboy

Diesel is for whimps (and Land Rovers..........:p)

I only drive a HIGH OCTANE YANKEE GAS GUZZLING BEAST...!!! (surprised it even accepts Unleaded)

So yes, fuel contributors may be an essential requisite.......lol

....... maybe something to discuss after the 15th.

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
We need another 5 people for this to happen and we have less than a month left..... lets hope we can get some more takers

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Looks like this may not be happening as we have a week & a half to get 5 more people to commit to this, which is a real shame as I had high hopes for this one.

clubduvet

Jan 3, 2010
Silsoe
www.addimpact.co.uk
Aye, you and me both Neumo, but sadly it's looking bleak as there isn't much chatter beyond those of us who have signed up already.

It will be a real shame if it's cancelled, as I was really looking forward to it (sounded like a terrific opportunity).

Looks like this may not be happening as we have a week & a half to get 5 more people to commit to this, which is a real shame as I had high hopes for this one.

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Aye, real shame if it doesn't take place. Chance in a lifetime trip if you ask me.

Mind you, I can understand people thinking twice about sigining up as, taking the flights into account, it's a good £1,500 that has to be found.

Not all of us are fortunate enought to have that kind of money to spare.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
We will have to see, as we may get a rush of takers at the end but probably not. Shame as I was really looking forward to this one.

clubduvet

Jan 3, 2010
Silsoe
www.addimpact.co.uk
Your sentiment is very true hertsboy, as I asked a couple of people I know in my village (knowing it was right up their street - or should that be river.....lol) and they just couldn't justify the money at the moment.

Not that I believe it to be an expensive trip for what it is but trip + flights + additional gear + possibly staying additional nights if flights don't tally, soon adds up and sadly these are mediocre times financially for many.

Aye, real shame if it doesn't take place. Chance in a lifetime trip if you ask me.

Mind you, I can understand people thinking twice about sigining up as, taking the flights into account, it's a good £1,500 that has to be found.

Not all of us are fortunate enought to have that kind of money to spare.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
No news is bad news? We were supposed to find out today if this is going ahead or not. Will PM Becky

** PM Sent **

Last edited:

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Dear All
We regret to say that the above expedition is cancelled due to insufficient numbers as today is the go/no go date. I will email all students who paid a deposit with details of your refund

Regards
Becky​

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Yes, same here. Times is tough, so many can't afford this. Thanks for letting us know & will hope there is another one at some time in the future.

gan_pi

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2011
Manchester, UK
plan b - scotland & dartmoor it is then.

thanks for trying Becky, please do let us know if there's a reschedule.

ps I am buying a lottery ticket for the weekend. if I win big its back on! :D

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

Once again many apologies that the course did not go ahead. I have emailed you all regards your refund. Please check your emails.

Regards
Becky

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE