Anyone use an army cot type bed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Not to worry. I'm sure a talk with a recruiter would sort it all out for you.

Too old now. It was part of my intended journey but, in the paraphrased words of the CPO, I was refused access on the basis that I was 'Too likely to shoot someone for being stupid' and very likely to only follow orders that I agreed with :eek: .

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Too old now. It was part of my intended journey but, in the paraphrased words of the CPO, I was refused access on the basis that I was 'Too likely to shoot someone for being stupid' and very likely to only follow orders that I agreed with :eek: .

RAF Regiment then?

:lmao::lmao:

Dace

Oct 12, 2004
Kent
Hi
As I live up the road from you, you are more than welcome to try mine if you wish.

Regards

Dace

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I use a cot bed, best thing since sliced bread. I use a cell foam mat on top during winter camps to help insulate, a bit of self adhesive velcro on the mat and bed (on the corners) stops it sliding about.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I got laughed at for taking an Arctic sleeping bag with me on deployment, not so much laughter after I had put a granby liner on the outside and used it as a mattress:D, warm weather bag as a blanket on top snuggy wasn't the word:cool: how ever jealous was:D American air-cond tents can be chilly!!

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
there is a hollow in the middle which the mat or blanket helps fill. I hated the rectangle mossy box canes came in handy. Used the big dome great until force protection said build a coffin like bedspace around your bed. Mini dome is ideal for manpacking.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Just been looking around for a cot bed and found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BISON-FIS...tingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item4d005c1eca

looks a bit more comfortable and could be great for relaxing around the fire, reading etc and will be adjustable for unstable ground. Not a bad price either but heavier than army cots so definately a car camping bed only. Never thought about fishing bedchairs as I always remember them being silly money, have ordered one so fingers crossed its comfortable.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi. Yes I've used a campbed identical to this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steel-Fra...899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19d06aa703

Fair play to the seller in the link that is for 2 beds anyway I got mine for free from someone.

Threw it in the back of the car when I had to work away on a job too far to travel home each night from. and stayed working on and off at that ob for about 3 months. I can honestly say hand on heart it was the most enjoyabe nights sleep I have ever had. I used a sleeping mat undernath me for insulation and a normal 3 season sleeping bag and brought along a pillow which fitted neatly into the hood of the sleeping bag and I slept the sleep of the just on it. Maybe a campbed is not everyone's idea of roughing it enough but I found it blissful. Stupidly I leant it to a mate about 6 months ago and haven't seen it since. Lucky I know where he lives and will hunt him and it down.

I'd say go for it. Better yet see if you know someone who's got one and borrow it.. but don't me me for mine LOL!

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Just two things to add:
1) Now my wrists are fixed (well both will be on Thursday) will I be allowed to Rough Close again if I admit to a luxurylite cot? Costly but very comfy.
2) A good number of those two and one man mosi-tent things are available from Anchor Supplies at Ripley if anyone is interested?

Regards Alan

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
>>>
Now my wrists are fixed (well both will be on Thursday) will I be allowed to Rough Close again if I admit to a luxurylite cot? Costly but very comfy.
<<<

Ooh ... Nice and shiney springy, blingy kit. Personally I'd be more concerned about whether I'd be encouraged to do potentially dangerous things by person or persons unmentioned who might be standing round with 'Post-It' notes :D :eek: :lmao: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE