Anyone use an army cot type bed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I fancy a change from hammocking and am going camping where I can drive my car to the woods, unload and then park in the car park and walk back so weight isnt an issue. So was wondering how many people use the army cot beds and how comfortable they are?

Im going for a week so want a bed I can actually sleep on and have found them online for around £20, just liked the idea of having a bed I wont struggle to get in/out of in the early hours after having a few small shandys.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Excellent bit of kit ~ providing you don't have to carry it very far :yikes: :rofl: .

You need to give the same considerations to a camp cot as you would a hammock ~ you're still suspended mid air and you're still compressing the insulation beneath you ;) .

attachment.php

If the temperature drops a bit I'll add draping blanket to try to slow the loss of heat from below.

And if it's a bit colder still I'll add a therma-wrap strip under the blanket :D

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Excellent bit of kit ~ providing you don't have to carry it very far :yikes: :rofl: .

You need to give the same considerations to a camp cot as you would a hammock ~ you're still suspended mid air and you're still compressing the insulation beneath you ;) .

attachment.php

If the temperature drops a bit I'll add draping blanket to try to slow the loss of heat from below.

And if it's a bit colder still I'll add a therma-wrap strip under the blanket :D

I have to ask, and im sure you do, but you do,but is there a reason you don't fit the end bars properly:)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I have to ask, and im sure you do, but you do,but is there a reason you don't fit the end bars properly:)

I did have a very good reason :eek: :rofl: ~ the cot was traded for and I've had it since just before last years Moot. Unfortunately the very nice man (not sarcasm, he's a nice guy) kept forgetting the end bars and I've only had them since the end of March just gone :lmao: ~ in the mean time I'd been using split hazel spars. It's the wooden spars that give it the slightly funky look :D .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE