Anyone going to the Wilderness Gathering?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I'm gutted that I'm not going to be able to attend as I've never been to one due to work commitments, and now I'm not working I'm skint :( but by all accounts its sounds fantastic...... maybe next year then.....

:)
Ed

Dec 8, 2006
Derby
Ill be there all weekend though Im still not sure about this cd thing.Maybe just consider it a big signal mirror :lmao:

Red, just ask at the Bison Bushcraft stall, one of them will know where I am. That goes for anyone attending that wants to know, I will be pleased to meet anyone from BCUK.

All the best folks and I hope to see you there,

Leon.:)

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Red, just ask at the Bison Bushcraft stall, one of them will know where I am. That goes for anyone attending that wants to know, I will be pleased to meet anyone from BCUK.

All the best folks and I hope to see you there,

Leon.:)
You won't escape Leon....need to put the world to rights :D .....and make sure we can find you Red....perhaps wear your bushy tail...?? ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
;)

Everyone knows what I look like - grumpy, beard, flat hat, either Ventile if its wet or waistcoat with the Green Man back patch if its warm!

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I never imagined you with a beard, that's one of the things that I revel in here. I'm probably the opposite of what most people expect.

I'm coming now Hugh just to meet you......

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
;)

Everyone knows what I look like - grumpy, beard, flat hat, either Ventile if its wet or waistcoat with the Green Man back patch if its warm!

Red
Grumpy.....? Now my wife and daughter bought a bottle of MEAD from the Farmers' Market in town on Saturday so I'll bring it along and save some to test your grumpiness when you sniff it..:lmao: ...maybe taste it...?;) Don't have you down for an overnighter....so Saturday's the best bet........

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I don't drink much since the op - the meds don't like it :(

Probably hence the grumpy but I don't need much of an excuse ;)

But hang on...bought...mead..

Burn the heretic.

If I remember I'll throw a few bottles of the last run of dry sack spiced mead in the car and you can taste how it should be rather than that shop bought sickly stuff. I knock it out in 10 gallon batches so we rarely run short :eek:

Not really sure what day we'll come if at all - just depends on timings, shooting opportunities, health etc. but <shrug> we'll see yah if we see yah

Red

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'm busy Thursday and Friday evenings, so thought I'd get all my kit ready today...

...and then I thought I'd take a photo of it...

...and then I thought I'd post it up here.

Pathetic isn't it what some people will do to try and get a little bit of fame on the internet. :D

If I forget my CD, look for that green floppy hat!

kit.jpg

Geoff

I'm busy Thursday and Friday evenings, so thought I'd get all my kit ready today...

...and then I thought I'd take a photo of it...

...and then I thought I'd post it up here.

Pathetic isn't it what some people will do to try and get a little bit of fame on the internet. :D

If I forget my CD, look for that green floppy hat!

kit.jpg

Geoff

Ahhh - is that the contents of your daypack??

I like a real heavy bergen - the pain of carrying it is good for the soul :borgsmile

Here's my old kit ;-

kit_unpacked.jpg

Phil.

I don't drink much since the op - the meds don't like it :(

Probably hence the grumpy but I don't need much of an excuse ;)

But hang on...bought...mead..

Burn the heretic.

If I remember I'll throw a few bottles of the last run of dry sack spiced mead in the car and you can taste how it should be rather than that shop bought sickly stuff. I knock it out in 10 gallon batches so we rarely run short :eek:

Not really sure what day we'll come if at all - just depends on timings, shooting opportunities, health etc. but <shrug> we'll see yah if we see yah

Red

if you make it can you bring your Nessy axe pppppppppppppLLeease :D

ATB

Duncan

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Ahhh - is that the contents of your daypack??

I like a real heavy bergen - the pain of carrying it is good for the soul :borgsmile

Here's my old kit ;-

Phil.

OK - I've still got a way to go yet...but if I unpacked everything like you seem to have done for a kit inspection :)D ) it would look a lot more!!! :lmao:

I've got a 75L pack (not full yet) for 'base camp' and a 25L to cart around during the day. Once I get a tarp /bivvy bag (birthday coming up soon, so I'm hopeful) I can dump the big tent and hopefully get everything into one pack.

Geoff

thats the Double header I assume

lol just reallised you probably have more n one

yes im interested in how a small double feels , if you have something closer to the proposed Cegga :D i thing you said the Cegga would be a bit smaller than your reeves ??

ive just regoround my Kukri to a Convex :yikes: (as Old Jimbos site hints at ) and im interested if thats better or worse as well its does feel sharper (if thats possible ) but that may just be a finer angle

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE