Anyone fancy a paddle 17/01 ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is anyone up for a paddle next Sunday

Probably thinking about either Coniston, Derwent or Ullswater.

Depending on the weather (i.e no strong winds) and whether or not we've run out of gas and the national grid has overloaded, it's TEOTWAWKI and we're all running round like barbarians, I'll be there about 8 a.m. probably.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You could be right Lindz, I've not seen a long range forecast tbh

Hoping to get out that way this Sunday so I'll see what the crack is.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
I have no canoe :(

However, if you've got a spare paddle and lifejacket I could have a borrow of? Err... Space in the canoe mightn't be a bad idea come to think of it, bodysurfing at this time of year probably isn't advisable :D

The only paddling I've done was a spot of kayaking on the Kennet and Avon canal for DOEA in my teens (so 20+ years ago now) so I'll likely be more of a hindrance than a help but if you can put up with that then "Yeah!" I'm in ;)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have no canoe :(

However, if you've got a spare paddle and lifejacket I could have a borrow of? Err... Space in the canoe mightn't be a bad idea come to think of it, bodysurfing at this time of year probably isn't advisable :D

The only paddling I've done was a spot of kayaking on the Kennet and Avon canal for DOEA in my teens (so 20+ years ago now) so I'll likely be more of a hindrance than a help but if you can put up with that then "Yeah!" I'm in ;)

My boat's only a wee solo affair I'm afraid Adam otherwise there'd be no problem.
Somebody else might come along though who's got a tandem, just keep an eye on this thread over the week.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That would be good if you can make it.

Maybe give Ian a shout and see if he fancies jumping in with you.

I'll PM Michael and see what access is going to be like around Derwent, it should be the easiest to get to from the major routes.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
My boat's only a wee solo affair I'm afraid Adam otherwise there'd be no problem.
Somebody else might come along though who's got a tandem, just keep an eye on this thread over the week.

Not a problem Rich. I'll come up for a brew anyway, if it's Coniston and you're not on Peel Island, as it's just up the road from me.

Cheers,

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not a problem Rich. I'll come up for a brew anyway, if it's Coniston and you're not on Peel Island, as it's just up the road from me.

Cheers,

There's that little wooded beachy area opposite the north end of Peel Island, we could meet there for a brew maybe.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
That would be good if you can make it.

Maybe give Ian a shout and see if he fancies jumping in with you.

I'll PM Michael and see what access is going to be like around Derwent, it should be the easiest to get to from the major routes.

They usually grit the Borrowdale Rich, but if they haven't, it's possible to park near The Theatre by the Lake in Keswick (pay and display I'm afraid) and launch near the motor launch piers.

Cheers, Michael.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I'm up for that...But am out for a meal tonight with the parents from juniors football team, so not too early a start!

What time and where do you want to meet?

Also, I'm quite new to this canoe lark, so bear with me!

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll probably get there for about 08:30 so I'll keep an eye out for you from the water if you'll be later. I don't think I can get a signal on my mobile over there but I'll PM you my number anyway. Maybe give a couple of hoots on the horn when you're near.
I'll be approaching from Newby Bridge and the A5092, taking a right at Lowick Bridge and following the river down the eastshore road. About two hundred yards before Peel Island there's a crescent shaped shale beach with parking on the road. You should see my black Golf parked up in a little layby, about 10 yards past mine the road widens and there's more parking on the left.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
&*%$%$£*& !!!!!! Just seen the thread and too late to re-arrange things for the morning. Hope you have a decent day, its very foggy at the moment up here so you might have a misty start.
I'll pay more attention and catch the next one. (leave booked from 23rd feb through in to March if anyone wants an overnight paddle / camp somewhere).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE