Anyone else having amazing sunsets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They have been startling here for a few days - dust from the fields I guess and the clouds.

Didn't have a great one today but did have a beautiful sight when the sun broke through clods and did that "kids drawing of a sun with rays" thing

Fenland Sunset by British Red, on Flickr

Red

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Superb. It's normally very hard to capture the full grandeur in film but you have managed it here.

They are normally better up here in April and September. This time of the year we don't get them (never seems to go dark anyway).

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just over a month ago I was walking by the River Lune and looking up the bank I spied the setting sun behind a tree. Either side of it were two sundogs. I got my new 8MP camera phone out and the bloody thing had run out of battery charge so no photograph. I have never seen sundogs before or the perihelion effect. Sure beats all but the best sunsets IMHO.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That is heart stoppingly good!

Great photo Red.

There was a good sunset last night but I didn't get a photo of it. I think I may head out soon and get some more sunset photos.

However, I did take the following photo a few years back and on Bonfire night too, whilst living in Aberdeen. Almost the end of the world feel about it.

Red Sky at Night by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
516fa42b-bca7-4f05.jpg

What I came home to a few weeks ago after a crappy night shift. Stunning morning

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE