Any sparkies in the house?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
How do I reconfigure this motor from star to delta?
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Been nearly 30 years since I dabbled but from memory you take the links out A1 C1 B1 shown in your picture horizontally, and link across the terminals vertically, if that makes sense ? BUT it depends on a few more factors than just that, there's the load at start up, type of motor etc, as I said, been too many years but that's the basics.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
It doesnt say how to configure, only that you can use 240, 380 or 450 volts...

I couldn't say from that, what about make and model number ? Is this an imported motor, I ask as the higher voltage used to be 415V if memory serves, sorry I'm vague, as I said, I've been out of it for a long long time and wouldn't want to steer you wrong, what's the motor off / going on to ?

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Nope, got a 3 phase inverter that supplies 3 phase at 230 volts not 415 hence the need to use delta windings...

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Ah ok I see, well as long as you have everything ok on the control circuit as in fuses, trips or overloads, everything earthed I would do as my earlier comment, lose the brass links and then link the contacts straight across, A1 to C2, C1 to B2 and B1 to A2, also disconnect any drive belts etc to make sure you have the correct rotation. If it's wrong swap any two incoming phases.

That's the best as I can do, I take no responsibility, sorry if that doesn't fill you with confidence but it's been a very long time

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gonzo_the_great

Forager
Nov 17, 2014
Poole, Dorset. UK
I tend to agree with bopdude.
I've made a few scribbles on bits of paper and that suggestion looks good.

Is your inverter adjustable for voltage? If so, take it gentle when you start it up after the mods.

The usual caveat on 'at your own risk' as there is not much info to go on, so a few assumptions have had to be made.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE