How to find a good tattoo studio.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Several in town...ranging from high street location to industrial estate place.

How do I choose?

(Ill start by asking their art style, of course).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Do you remember Lyndsay ? Firecrest ?

She is a superb realistic artist, but that doesn't pay the bills since that's not the flavour of the times.
Trained as a tattooist.... you might contact her and ask ? I know she hasn't been on the forum for a while, but I wonder if she is still on the Facebook ?
Her email might still get through to her as well.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Done so.

Ill have a look in town today, see what is about.

(I think I will skip the ones that offer laser treatment before their actual art as I have seen some do...)

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
@dreadhed - Hamish of Pictavia Leather is now tattooing ........ but only Pictish designs so i suppose will depend on what you want .

Not a personal recommendation from me but may be worth an enquiry depending on what you want etc

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Why on earth would you even want a tattoo????
I know it's your body, and you can do what you want with it, for what my opinion is worth , (probably nothing) I think women with tattoos are not beautifying themselves one bit. It looks ugly to me. But, as I say, it's your decision.
If you do go ahead, make dam sure you won't regret it later on in life. Good luck finding something you are comfortable with, but I have seen some women who realy regret what they have done, and needing remedies which are larger still tatoos to cover up the mistakes.
Think carefully before you go ahead. You can't go back. And it's painfull!
Perhaps try some temporary ones before you decide.
I once decided to get one, tried a temporary one, and after a week, I was realy glad I could scrub it off! It looked stupid, and I've never liked or wanted one since.
I'm not even keen on male ones.
But each to their own, its almost a free country!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
It doesn't happen often, but I am in almost complete agreement with what Woody girl says!

I have known friends, colleagues and acquaintances with tattoos ranging from a young lady at work with a stunningly good, airbrush illustration quality, mountain lion on her thigh, to guys at martial arts with poorly chosen Chinese characters that didn't actually say what they thought that they said. Quite a few seem to have enjoyed getting tattoos because they are not entirely at ease with themselves, not comfortable in their own skins.

It is definitely a big decision since it can be with you as who you are changes over time. What might seem a good fit now may not be so good in 20 years.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have seen some that are brutal, and some that are truly beautiful, that fitted both the 'canvas' and the person.

I think it's very much a personal choice.
I would recommend though that perhaps having a temporary one painted on (and that's not a cheap option to do it well) would be a very sound idea though.
Consideration is a good thing :)

M

Reactions: Pattree

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
No don’t do it, after a week you will wish you chose something else. Then the sagging issue a friend got one on his back shoulder when a teen, now a bit lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Toddy and Pattree

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
...Then the sagging issue...

(You are right Toddy, its an art form in which there are a lot of dolerous examples of; but isnt all art like that?)

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE