Any Lowa Mountain Boot GTX Users?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Surv:vor

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 14, 2012
England
Hi, anyone familiar with these please let me know your experience with the sizing? I'm a true size 10 and will be wearing various socks up to and including the 1000mile fishing variety.

Gracias! :)

I have pair of 10 GTX and have size 10 feet, love them. Wear them most days. Can't comment on the socks as I am not familiar. I wear thorlo's and they are comfy as a comfy thing.

I was advised by the seller not to go up th half size just incase route as they are a generous fitting boot.

Windy

mickeyluv

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2010
derbyshire
ive got a pair of 11s (im a 10.5/11) and they fit great even with thick socks. I walked up ben nevis the second time i wore them and didnt get a blister.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hi, anyone familiar with these please let me know your experience with the sizing? I'm a true size 10 and will be wearing various socks up to and including the 1000mile fishing variety.

Gracias! :)

It is advised to go half a size larger as they are a narrow fitting. I have wide feet and take a whole size larger.

http://survivalaids.com/order1.php?pg=360

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
I've been using the non GTX mountain boot now for over a year for pretty much all outdoor activities (bushcraft, walking, mountain walking, Search & Rescue, etc) and I love them.
I went for the non GTX, so that they would dry quicker when they got soaked, and allow ne to use them all year around. But to keep my feet dry in wet conditions, I wear the Sealskin socks.

How do I rate them?? They're brilliant.
Would I recommend them? Yes, get a pair, you will not be disappointed (get a good fit, as with any boot).

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I seem to remember that the GTX is one of the few Lowa boots that actually comes in a wide fitting as well as a regular?

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
These are the best, most comfortable and hard wearing boots I've ever come across.

Their measuring guide taught me I'm a 10.5 wide not 11. Since my first pair, I have stopped buying anything else. Wearing trainers to the shops makes me miss my boots >_<

I also echo the use of SealSkinz even though I have the GTX boots.
Buy them from the SealSkinz website though, because they are family company and there are a LOT of fakes.

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...i'm a ten, i found the ten a bit big....i dont like thick socks....so i bought a nine....and yup they are snug....but leather moves....and so far i'm WELL happy...amazing construction....BUY BUY BUY!

s

LoneWalker

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2014
Devon
I've got a pair of Combats which are like the Mountain boots only a bit taller. Best boots I've ever had. Normally I fall somewhere between a 9 and a 10, but found the 9 a bit tight. Size 10 is ideal. Had them for 3 years and still going strong. I will never have another boot.

UKarmr

Feb 22, 2012
N Yorks
I have the patrol (non gtx version of the mountain) the combat (high leg gtx) and the recon Para.
My next pair of boots for casual clothing will be a pair of lowa civvi boots.
Quality speaks volumes.....
I'm a 7 in normal daily use, the lowas fit well in a 7, better with thicker socks mind you

garethw

Settler
Hi there
When I got mine I used their chart to measure my feet in cm...http://www.lowaboots.com/faq/sizing.cfm I got 295 ... I was advised to add 5mm more giving me 300 thus a size 11.5. They are a fairly snug fit with hiking sock, but don't rub and have been worn on day hikes, fishign trip etc, with no blisters at all.
I got my pair from polmil and they advised getting half a size up from normal... my measuring trick gave me that result too....

cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE